• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prior AI mask edits all need updating

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the latest version 12 requires updating of ALL previous image edits undertaken using AI masks.

Open edited images where masks have been used, select masks and message appears alongside a triangle with a ! : "Some AI masks need to be updated". Anyone else find this problem? Any simple solution or do I now have to re-edit all images because the new masks in version 12 corrupt work done in prior versions?!

Mac OS Monterey v12.6

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Library, select all the images and do the menu command Photo > Develop Settings > Update AI Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion on updating the AI masks in LRClassic, John. I recently merged several LR catalogues and now find that all of those masks I applied need to be updated. Your tip will save me a lot of time.

Shirley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This suddenly happens to me every time I open a picture with AI masks in Develop mode! It's easy to update, but even though I updated the masks a minute I go I have to do it again if I have switched to another photo in between. On LR Classic 12.2.1 release. (Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I forgot to mention, these are not old AI masks that I made in a previous version of LR, but I created them today with the same version of software and Mac OS. I think I made them all with the sync settings function using the masks of another photo however, so they may not have been created specifically for that image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried doing as @John R Ellis suggested? See attached screenshot if still not clear how and where.

update ai masks.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just did that now. (And I think it's the same thing as doing it in the masks section within each photo, only faster.) Anyway, it says it updates but when I go into a photo again the masks still need updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of where the mask update required is indicated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot LR AI masks.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that LrC is at 12.2.1?

I'm asking because your screesnhot suggests a much earlier version. In LrC 12.2.1 the 'Some Masks... Updated', etc message is displayed in the local adjustments panel, and is more informative about why the mask may need updated. For example, your top mask includes a 'Subject', but the ! symbol is indicating that there no 'Subject' to mask. I've attached a screenshot from LrC 12.2.1 that I hope demonstrates my comments.

update ai masks 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is def version 12.2.1. And LR had no problem creating the subject masks and making the adjustments I wanted at first. (It is a portait so there is a very clear subject.) But when I go out of Develop mode and back in, the AI masks needs updating and until I do so, the develop adjustments I had put in are not affecting the picture. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot LR AI masks 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the synced settings include Healing tools (Heal, Clone, Content-Aware)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have actually removed all the synced masks and replaced them with new AI masks unique for each picture. I thought that might fix it but I still have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have acutally had this problem for several months now too.  I came on here to see if there was a fix. It is very frustrating.  Sometimes when I am ready to export and have "updated" the masks that should have already synced, they export without a mask even though I have updated several times.  This has been happening to me through a few lightroom updates not just the most current one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John R Ellis I dont have the develop mode button under photos in lightroom.  I just updated to latest version.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screesnhot shows the Develop module whereas @John R Ellis  was referring to the Library module.  In the Develop module, 'Update AI Settings' can be found in the 'Settings' menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This screenshot might help you locate Update AI Settings easier.

update ai settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that the Develop menu item Settings > Update AI Settings only updates the current photo, not any other photos selected in the filmstrip. And it is sometimes greyed out even when the settings need updating (a LR bug).

But the Library menu item Photo > Develop Settings > Update AI Settings updates all the selected photos (if you're in Grid view), and it is never greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I have updated using both methods, The problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too, if I have like 7 photos and go through them one by one updating the masks then by the time I get to the last one the mask is gone from the first one.

Spent over half an hour with Adobe support on remote desktop and then the agent just hung up on me when realizing he can't fix it I guess.. so I completely cannot use any AI tools and all my prior AI edits are gone.. and jesus adobe customer support.. I connected to another agent and described my issue, he just immediately left the chat LOL 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is on 12.3 ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same frustraiting issue! did you ever figure out how to fix it? i have tried eveything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have had this same frustraiting issue! curious if you have found how to fix it? i have tried everthing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines