Exit

Problem affichage distance sujet

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour à tous,

Je suis sur Windows 10 21H2 et le problème se situe sur LR classic version 11.2

J'ai paramétré les métadonnées par défaut de manière à obtenir l'affichage de la distance sujet. Tout fonctionnait normalement puis, il y a quelque temps, plus rien ne s'affiche bien que la case soit toujours bien cochée. J'ai refait la manipulation plusieurs fois sans résultat.

Une idée d'où viendrait ce problème, peut-être bogue dans une mise à jour ?

Merci d'avance pour votre aide

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - please post screen shots of what you are describing. It is not clear what you are describing. Also what have you done for trouble shooting? Have you completely turned off and restarted your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to cmgap's troubleshooting steps, beware that many cameras don't record Subject Distance. You can double-check whether a photo contains the Subject Distance metadata field using the free Metadata Viewer plugin. Or attach a photo to your reply here, and we can check for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fairly sure that Adobe dropped that bit of metadata after perpetual v3. Problem was the capabilities in the ten available cameras as to reporting that bit o data was hideously bad, and manufactures asked Adobe to drop that bit of metadata reporting.

I suspect you had a plug-in to provide the metadata. Do you have any plug-ins shown in the plug-in manager as not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subject Distance was removed from the Metadata panel in LR 3.4.1. But it was always available via custom metadata tagsets (which you could make manually or with the Metadata-Viewer Preset Editor plugin).  LR 11 added back the ability to display Subject Distance via the Customize button:

johnrellis_0-1644462511195.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci pour vos retours. Je viens de comprendre ce qu'il se passe. En fait, la distance s'affiche mais uniquement sur des fichiers TIFF ou JPEG mais pas avec les RAW (NEF en l'occurence puisque je suis en NIKON).

Ca marche avec les D500, D850 et Z7II.... mais pas avec mon nouveau Z9 😞

Il semble d'ailleurs qu'il y ait quelques petits problèmes entre LR et le Z9.

Encore merci 

Bonne journée

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting your update and the distinction between the camera models. It's helpful as more photographers upgrade to the Z9 to see what others have encountered for compatibility issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

I have a test catalog that includes raw photos from 17 different Nikon models, with many different lenses, and none of them include the EXIF Subject Distance field, including the D500 and Z 9:

johnrellis_0-1644536689761.png

My test catalog includes 95 different cameras from 15 different manufacturers, and only a few record EXIF Subject Distance:

johnrellis_1-1644537016265.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is helpul John - thanks for posting the screen shots. That's a smaller list than I thought it would be. I noticed that I can turn on Subject Distance here:

cmgap_0-1644543810568.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it's smaller than I thought too. My test collection consists of sample photos I've downloaded or received from users over the years, helping them troubleshoot various issues.  So it's not complete, but it does cover a lot of the popular cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines