Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem publishing from Publish Services to Smugmug

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I have in the past, simply published images to my Smugmug site directly from Lightroom.

Currently however, something seems to have changed and when trying to publish, I am getting a " files not supported " pop-up. These are the same Tiff and NEF files that were used in the past.

Any ideas why this has just started happening? I recently changed to a new hard drive in Lightroom but don't see why that would matter.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Plug-in Manager, check your Smugmug plug-in for an update.

Was curious, found mine to be v 3.1.9.0, and even though auto updates was selected, clicking on check now revealed v 3.2.5.0

No idea if that is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tiff and NEF files 

So, do you pay the extra to publish RAW at Smugmug?

/followup/ I see my simple inquiry could have been better stated. I was refering to saving the RAW at Smugmug, Publishing the actual RAW at Smugmug. not in publishing to Smugmug in the form of JPEG from the RAW.

https://news.smugmug.com/supporting-raw-files-on-smugmug-is-now-here-fac35a84a528

https://petapixel.com/2021/07/13/smugmug-launches-source-a-raw-storage-and-organization-service/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for your help. No, I haven't paid or downloaded anything new.

The plugin has always worked fine in the past. Perhaps that has changed. Do we now need to pay to publish RAW files ?

I am using the latest version plugin 3.2.5.0

I will read the links, I am not sure why it is suddenly not working.

Cheers,

Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't need to pay to publish from raw files (apart from paying for your smugmug subscription) but you have to pay extra to upload the raw files next to the normal publishing process. Smugmug introduced a new service that backs up your raw originals next to the finished jpegs copies they store to show and sell prints from. So it is an add on that should only be enabled when you pay the extra fee. 

So if you publish from raw files everything should work normally. If it doesn't I would try reauthenticating the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, did you perhaps previously try the trial for Smugmug Source? to publish that nef file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using plugin version 3.2.5.0 and was able to publish just fine just now. I am not using the raw backup feature though just plain publishing to smugmug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines