• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem With Location Data in Metadata Panel

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom 14.4.6. My Canon R6 gets its GPS data via the Canon Connect app (on a Samsung S20) and I have verified that the GPS data is in the image files. The GPS data is displayed in Lightroom's Map module but is not displayed in the Metadata Panel. I have the preferences set to automatically look up the location fields in the Metadata Panel. Nothing seems to get the GPS data to the location fields in the Metadata Panel. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no LrC 14.4.6. Please give us the correct version number.

Please show us screen captures to illustrate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Faulty memory. 14.4.1

The Map Module shows GPS data but the Library Metadata panel has empty fields for Sublocation, City, State, and Country/Region. I'm not sure what a screenshot would show except empty fields.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the coordinates shown in the Metadata > Location panel in the GPS field?  (A screenshot would have answered that question.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, now it's working. I only had Sublocation, City, State, and Country showing in the Metadata Panel. When I added the GPS field to that, it began to work correctly. Guess it's fixed now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"When I added the GPS field to that, it began to work correctly."

That sounds like a bug.  If you can reproduce this behavior with a sample pic starting with Import into a new catalog, then please post a bug report:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idi-p/12386373 

Upload the sample pic to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar and include the sharing link.

(I wasn't able to reproduce it, but there could be detailed differences between what you're doing and I'm doing.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines