• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I write a bug report?

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bugs should only be reported for the latest or current version of Lightroom Classic. If you believe you have a bug it must be verified on the latest version of Classic. New bug reports will not be accepted for older versions of the software. 

If you believe you have encountered a bug, it is important to search the existing bugs to see if your issue, and a possible solution or workaround has already been reported. If so, please add to that thread. If not, it may be prudent to start a new thread.

Before starting a new thread, please read:  P: Do I post in Discussions or Bugs?

When logging a new bug report, it's helpful for the Lightroom Classic team if the information in the report includes steps to reproduce the bug experience. Once we can reproduce an issue, then we can start to investigate a fix.

Note:
If after a bit of troubleshooting we find that the bug report is in-fact not a product bug, the bug report will be moved out of Bugs and over to Discussions.

Do not use the word "bug" in the subject line!

Use the below template as a guide for posting the most meaningful bug reports for the team.

Bug report template:

Issue: 

• Lightroom Classic Version Number
  • OS Version Number

Steps to reproduce:

1. ...
  2. ...
  3. ...

Expected result
Actual result

Anatomy of a great bug report (Lightroom Classic Example):

Issue: Provide a succinct one-line issue statement
(i.e. Lightroom Classic does X when using a tool or plugin)

Provide Lightroom Classic version: Help>System Info>Copy the top line with Lightroom Classic version
Provide OS and version: macOS 11.4

Issue: Provide good steps to reproduce the behavior:
Step 1 to reproduce the issue (i.e. open a new CMYK document)
Step 2 to reproduce the issue (i.e. add layer or use tool)
Step 3 to reproduce the issue (i.e another needed step)

Expected result: Lightroom Classic should do Y
Actual result: Lightroom Classic does X

* Optional, but useful: Upload a Test file (can be shared through CC files or other third-party storage), screenshot, video or gif file capturing the issue

Note: ETAs for any bug fixes are not available in advance. The primary thread for each bug will be updated when a fix is released. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
pin-icon
Bug Unresolved Locked
TOPICS
macOS , SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I really appreciate this info.

Votes

Translate

Translate