Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems uploading pictures in LRC

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

When I try to upload new pictures from an external hard disk, LRC dont seem to find any pictures in the folder that I select. I try to add the pictures straight on my MacBook, and I even tried to upload them from the SD card but no luck so far. 

I even created a new catalogue but even than LRC cant seem to find the pictures either.

There are 94 pictures inside the folder.

MacBook Pro: Ventura 13.2.1

LRC: 12.2-1 version

Farida28996192s8j9_0-1679433204224.png

Anyone knows how to solve this?

All help is appreciated!

Kind regards,

Farida

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Return back to that Copy import screen. Over on the right, down in the destination panel, change the destination to an existing hard drive, to an existing folder. Assume for this test that whatever is/was currently listed is wrong. Then as stated changing back to Add.

Point of this odd process is to eliminate the possibility that a destination was changed outside of LrC post last import, this is an old oddity that sometimes trips up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your MACOS, did you allow Lightroom Classic to have full disk access?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did gave full disk acces but still nothing changed 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The import dialog box does not show the File Handling panel. So please try this: click on Copy, expand the File Handling panel and make sure a valid folder (a folder that actually exists) is shown under File Handling; then click back on Add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing, it shows my folders but not my images in the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-03-22 om 11.26.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you select EOS DIGITAL under Bron? Also, it would be helpful to see the entire screen in your screen capture, but we don't see that, the right side is choppped off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Return back to that Copy import screen. Over on the right, down in the destination panel, change the destination to an existing hard drive, to an existing folder. Assume for this test that whatever is/was currently listed is wrong. Then as stated changing back to Add.

Point of this odd process is to eliminate the possibility that a destination was changed outside of LrC post last import, this is an old oddity that sometimes trips up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG I dont know why but by doing this step my pictures were visible and I was able to import them!!! Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you received a solution to your question/issue that resolved your problem/doubts, please mark it as correct. This will highlight the answer within the post and in the community and will help fellow community members if they experience the same issue as you, or have the same question.

ref:

Community How-To Guide - Tips & Best Practices | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I even tried to upload them from the SD card but no luck so far.

Does that mean you took the SD card out of the camera, then put it into a SD card reader?

And if so, did you:

• Attempt an import in LrC via Copy

or did you:

• Using MACOS Finder, copied the photos to a folder on a hard drive, then attempted to import in LrC via Add?

If you did not do the latter, then attempt that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines