Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with synchronization

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I do have a problem with the synchronization between to computers (MacBook Air and MacBook Pro). While traveling with the MacBook Air I took some 2.000 photos which I have stored on the computer and an external hard drive. Now I want to synchronize the MacBook Air with my studio MacBook Pro, but I simply can't get it to work properly. 

It worked for about half of 30 collections, but it does not want to continue. All files are locally available. When I hit the synchronization button, I am always prompted with the same message: Do you want to stop synchronizing this collection?

All collections have the synchronization button ON.

Does anybody know where the problem might be? There's more than enough space on my CC cloud drive.

Thanks for your support.

Andreas 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic can only sync one single catalog, so what you are trying to do does not work and is not meant to work. What you need to do instead is open Lightroom Classic with your main catalog on your main computer, and then use 'Import from Another Catalog' and import the catalog from the other computer. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/catalog-faq-lightroom.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

Thanks a lot. I do understand what you are saying.

What I don't understand is, why it works for approx. half of the images, but not all. 1.900 photos were synched, but 3.200 photos do have sychronization error, even though there's more than enough space on my CC cloud.

Anyhow, I'll try importing the catalog.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic 13.3 has a new synchronization engine, and there are indeed problems with it. Version 13.4 does not fix this yet. But anyway, syncing Lightroom Classic to the cloud is not the way to keep the catalogs on two computers in sync.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines