• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rating videos on camera (Canon R): stars don't survive import to LR Classic

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot sports... and it's super useful to rate in camera (very small % of shots are keepers), delete all the non-rated items.. and get a leg-up on editing by differntiating the 4-star images/video from the 2-stars.  I do this using the prominent "rating" button on the Canon R-series cameras.

Photos work perfectly ... but when video comes into Lightroom the stars aren't preserved.  I realize this MAY be a gap with MP4 file format (which would be a huge bummer) .. but I would think/hope that LR could get the data from the camera and preserve it in the library, even if not in the video file.  (I'd change file names using LR rename to show the star rating).

Can anuthing be done? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attach a small rated video here. We can see how the camera is recording the rating and make a more concrete feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Here you go...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That video uses the industry-standard metadata field Quicktime:Rating to store ratings, whereas LR reads ratings from EXIF:Rating and XMP:Rating.

I checked sample video from the Canon EOS R50 (released last year), and it also appears to use Quicktime:Rating.

You could post a feature request in the Ideas section for LR to read in-camera video ratings for Canons. Include the details above. See:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines