Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw Burst CR3 files not opening in lightroom

New Here ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am learning how to manage digital files and I have transferred some unseperated raw burst files from my SD card onto my SSD (and then erased them from the sd yikes). I now have these files which I am unable to preview on File Explorer nor Lightroom nor the SD card. They are massive files from 100-500mb each which I suspect might partially be why they wont open. I have tried downloading Canon's Digital Photo Proffessional app and using the raw burst tool but it doesnt allow me to - the website give conflicting information (below image). Upon research, I have rest Lightroom's presets, disabled GPU? nothing has changed so idk. I have almost accepted defeat but PLEASE bounce any ideas around, I would really appreciate it 🙂

molly37103513lqzj_0-1714622962075.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the screen capture you posted already clearly states: You can not open Canon Camera RAW burst files directly in LR.

You need to separate single files of it into single RAW files and import these.

If you are having issues getting a hold of the Canon Software, you might be better off asking with Canon or a Canon community.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that I am unable to seperate the original raw roll into single raw files. Ive tried exporting them in many different apps to select one frame but nothing is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, this problem may have seemed confusing but I have fixed it now (I just needed to update DPP to use the raw burst tool) lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@F. McLion referenced your screenshot, and if you read the second line of the first paragraph (copied below) you'll see that Canon's Digital Photo Professional (DPP) is specified.

'Adobe Camera Raw and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom offer standard support for all Canon cameras included in the list of supported cameras. Do note that Canon's Digital Photo Professional software is required if you want to take advantage of Canon's Raw Burst Mode feature available in some Canon cameras.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post a request.  If not, maybe someone who knows better can do this for our group. It would be great if Adobe and, specifically, Lightroom Classic (LrC) could support viewing / editing (and even extracting) individual RAW CR3 images from the CR3 "burst" files created during per-continous / pre-capture shooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@robert26796066jccw , as indicated by Ian Lions , above its not presently supported. Create a new thread under the Idea section and make a new feature request.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; (also Laptop Win 11, ver 23H2, LrC 13.5.1, ; ) Camera Oly OM-D E-M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines