Exit

RAW+JPEG Import results in HEIC+JPEG import of different photos

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic-Version: 11.4.1 [ 202206241800-b406ce4c ]
Mac OS 12 Version: 12.4.0 [21F79]

When RAW+JPEG Import setting is on, HEIC+JPEG got merged in the database as well.

However:

- RAW+JPEG merges only those pictures, which have the same Metadata, thus: only pictures, which are 99,9% identical are being merged

-  HEIC+JPEG merges those pictures with the same filename and neglecting the metadata!

What I did: Imported all my Icloud pictures from 2017/12 to today: Jpeg and HEIC pictures mostly from iphone 6/SE2020/13 + various pictures I received from other owners via Airdrop.

-> There a multiple Pictures with the same Filename: IMG1234.jpg and IMG1234.heic, but they actually are not the same at all (could created in 2018 and 2022).

Luckily I noticed that before deleting too many pairs of pictures.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Expected Result:

When importing JPEG+HEIC do not merge different pictures together only because the filename is the same. Please also verify metadata

Actual Result:

Only because of the same filename, pictures get merged together with the HEIC being shown

Wish:

I really would also like to be able to also see any other file which is "being" a merged dataset. No matter if it is RAW+JPEG or HEIC+JPG.

The merging function can be useful, however it is badly implemented as the only way is to leave lightroom and handle merged files in your OS-Fileexplorer?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines