• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstalling standalone versions of Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...I have an old version of Lightroom 6 which serves my purpose. I tried to reinstall it on a new Windows 11 computer but the installation asks for a 6-digit serial number. I only have a 24-digit license key. What can I do? Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of my old LR serial numbers are 6-digits so I'm not sure what you're being asked for. Can you show us a screen capture from the installer? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally thought each box was for one number. Then I realized I could put four numbers in each box. This is the sequence of screens. Note that the serial number is correct but that Lightroom 6 is not an option.

Steve265218646nf2_1-1665419045657.jpeg

<Image deleted - contains live serial number>

Steve265218646nf2_3-1665419248918.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to contact Adobe directly to fix this:

https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally thought each box was for one number. Then I realized I could put four numbers in each box. This is the sequence of screens. Note that the serial number is correct but that Lightroom 6 is not an option.

Steve265218646nf2_1-1665419045657.jpeg

Steve265218646nf2_3-1665419248918.jpeg

By @Steve265218646nf2

You bought LR6 as an upgrade from an earlier version of Lightroom. In addition to providing your LR 6 serial number, you also have to provide a serial number for an earlier version of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason you don't see Lightroom 6 is because you can't upgrade from 6 to 6.

You have installed an Upgrade version of Lightroom 6. It requires a serial number from a previous version of Lightroom (1-5) in order to qualify for the upgrade. Do you have a previous version serial number?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any recollection of nor a written record of any previous version of Lightroom. I assume that Adobe would have that information but I can't find my purchase history on my account page or anywhere else on their site and there is no phone support for v.6 and earlier editions, only Forum support. I consider that very poor customer service,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 was the first version of Lightroom to mandate the registration of the application for it to function. So if you choose not to register an earlier version then Adobe would have no record of it.

If you cannot find it then your only option is to contact Adobe direct.

Do you by any chance have access to the computer you previously had Lightroom installed, you may find it in the complete registry?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is the case then you would need the full version of Lightroom 6 and not the upgrade version. If you had not purchased a previous version of Lightroom then, unfortunately you are not eligible to use the upgrade. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean I'm "not eligible to use the upgrade?" I've been using v.6 for several years on my old pc. All I'm trying to do is transfer it to my new laptop. And why can't I access a history of my purchases on the Adobe site? Also, why can't I talk to a real person at Adobe to resolve the issue? Short of a satisfactory resolution, Adobe is simply stealing my money. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to access your history of purchases on Adobe if you purchased through that account/user. At least I can. 

You can talk directly to Adobe too, URL provided earlier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume that Adobe would have that information but I can't find my purchase history on my account page or anywhere else on their site

I find my serial numbers all the way back to Lightroom 2.0 (which was the first purchase of Lightroom that I made) at account.adobe.com/products. If they are not there, it is not because of poor customer service, but because you didn't register your purchase with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines