• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ridiculously slow import in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three hours after I began importing my images they still weren't completed.  It's never been like this before - I took a photo workshop over the weekend and couldn't keep up with the class.  The only thing that changed was that I upgraded Lightroom last week.  Anybody else have this problem after upgrading?  Anybody have any ideas on how to fix it?  Its unusable this way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Make sure your card reader is not malfunctioning. And that the camera card isn't the cause of this slowness.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your card reader is not malfunctioning. And that the camera card isn't the cause of this slowness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gaylen,

We're sorry to hear about the slow import after the update, could you try the steps below and let us know if it helps?

Start by changing the hardware you are using to get the images from the memory card to the computer hard drive, Cable or card reader.

If connecting the camera to the computer try a card reader or Copy the images from the memory card to the computer hard drive using the File Manager for the OS on your computer then import them.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sahil!  It turned out to be the SD card I think.  I imported images from another SD card last night and it went well.

Gayle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks dj_paige!  It was the SD card.  It never occurred to me that it was anything other than Lightroom itself.  Lesson learned!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines