• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right click "Edit in > Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2023" not working

Enthusiast ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the recent updates (Adobe Lightroom Classic 11.5 build 202208080927-8a575c91 and Adobe Photoshop 2023 23.5.1) I am no longer able to open images from Adobe Lightroom Classic in Adobe Photoshop.  When I right-click on an image in Adobe Lightroom Classic and choose Edit in > Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2023, the Adobe Photoshop window opens, but nothing else happens.  Is anyone else encountering this issue?

I am running Windows 11 Home, OS build 22000.978

Rob R, Photographer
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

When the 'link' between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop has issues, one of the first things to try is this:
1. Use the Adobe Creative Cloud application to uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic and when asked, keep preferences. 
2. Install Photoshop first, then Lightroom Classic. 
Better? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same problem for me. Seems to be a new issue as had used the same work flow a week or so ago and was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a first step please try resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic:   https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

It's recommended to backup your preferences before you reset the preferences to the default settings: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

If this doesn't help please try to reset the preferences of Photoshop also by using the steps described below:

Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Please backup your settings before resetting the preferences. You can check:

Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the 'link' between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop has issues, one of the first things to try is this:
1. Use the Adobe Creative Cloud application to uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic and when asked, keep preferences. 
2. Install Photoshop first, then Lightroom Classic. 
Better? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and re-installing worked- thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@guitarmanmm wrote:

Uninstalling and re-installing worked- thanks so much!

"If you received a solution to your question/issue that resolved your problem/doubts, please mark it as correct. This will highlight the answer within the post and in the community and will help fellow community members if they experience the same issue as you, or have the same question."

ref: Community How-To Guide - Tips & Best Practices: Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU so much for posting here because I was going nuts. This was an issue for me today and uninstalling PS helped and corrected the issue completely! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me too. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for Photoshop 2023 but did not work for Photoshop beta.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem this morning 10/11/23.  Unintalling both programs and keeping the preferences worked like a charm.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks,

i only uninstalled photoshop and reinstalled it. works perfectly now. i did not even have to reinstall lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same experience here, thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming that this worked for me! Thanks so much for this I was so confused! Didnt know that keeping the prefrences would keep my actions and presets as well but it did!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I did was uninstall Photoshop, not Lightroom Classic. once I installed Photoshop again it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked like a charm! thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another member had this exact issue. Found it odd that PS 2023 was mentioned. However that member provided one key bit of info in the posting, that member had installed both the current released version, 2022, and a BETA that was being called PS 2023.

The Beta is not actually PS 2023, unless Adobe has no plan on this Beta going to early release, or final release this year.

In the documentation for customers trying out Beta, an instruction is given as to how to inform Adobe of a Beta bug, also Beta change requests.  Posting in this community is not the process. Note that a seperate community for PS Beta does exist.

At any rate, solution was to remove, uninstall both versions of PS, then re-install only the non Beta version. Before you do that, you may want to follow the instructions on reporting the bug, and it is a bug, to the Beta team (link below)

It appears anyone can install the Beta release.

other posting:

ficaram desativadas no Lightroom Classic as opções de editar em Photoshop: Adobe Community

Adobe documentation on Beta, something you should have read:

Adobe Creative Cloud Beta FAQ: Adobe

and:

Welcome to Adobe Creative Cloud Collaboration and Web beta programs: Adobe

and:

Photoshop (Beta): Adobe (community)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click menu LRC.jpg

I mentioned Adobe Photoshop 2023 because that is what appeared in my menu.  I do have the beta version (24.0) installed as well, but it was not running it at the time.  I had the latest release of Adobe Photoshop (23.5.1) open when I tried to edit my image from Adobe Lightroom Classic.  As I mentioned, it changed over to the Adobe Photoshop window, but nothing happened.  When I have time, I will uninstall and reinstall.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a further update, if I have beta version of Adobe Photoshop open, the right-click menu option does work correctly and opens the file.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem.  I have used the Creative Cloud Desktop app to uninstall both Lightroom and Photoshop, then installed Photoshop first as instructed below.  Problem still exists.  It isn't a huge deal as I can simply export the image and then open it in PS, but not being able to use the ctrl+E shortcut is a bit of a drag.

I get this error message, but of course the current version of Photoshop is installed.  The only other version that I have installed is CS5.

Anyone have any other suggestions on how to solve this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is now solved.  Even though my Photo>Edit in Photoshop button was not missing or greyed out, following the instructions to modify the registry solved my problem.  After modifying the registry, I had to uninstall Photoshop (keeping preferences) and reinstall it using the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We apologize for the challenges you're having trouble sending files from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop for further editing. Please refer to the troubleshooting article below, which offers solutions to address the following problems: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-edit-in-errors.html?cgen=6JMR79DQ&mv=other

1. The "Edit In" command is grayed out.
  2. The "Edit In Photoshop" command is missing.
  3. The "Edit In" command fails to open photos in Photoshop.

We hope the suggested solutions in the article will assist in resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

you can edit the file as smart object (see below). that works allright. but when you try to save the editied photo, there's this error 21. click OK and then save again and you'll be able to import your edited file into lightroom classic cc.

its not how it should be, but it works.

greets,

janScherm­afbeelding 2023-08-03 om 13.45.13.pngScherm­afbeelding 2023-08-03 om 13.44.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines