• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SDK: Window size and fitting text for LrDialogs.message

Participant ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my plugin, most of the output happens in a dialog box. For the main output, I have a simple custom view for presentFloatingDialog(), with one row and one edit_field,  but even that requires about 10 lines of code.

For other features, I just need to display one line of text and I do so with LrDialogs.message(). The problem is, the text doesn't fit the window. See screenshot below:

lr_small_dialog.jpg

The API reference for  does not seem to have any parameters for LrDialogs.message or even LrDialogs.messageWithDoNotShow that could affect the size, and yet the window called with LrDialogs.messageWithDoNotShow looks bigger:

lr_dialog_donotshow.jpg

I am wondering if it is at all possible to get the look and size of the LrDialogs.messageWithDoNotShow window, but without the "Don't show again" checkbox?

Otherwise, am I missing anything, is there no way to adjust the width or make the text fit without breaking in a simple modal window, without buidling an entire custom view?

Thanks.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

I don't know of any way to adjust the appearance of LrDialogs.message() -- it picks the window size and it wraps lines as necessary.  The Mac version is worse than the Windows version, being much narrower:

johnrellis_0-1664490812480.png johnrellis_2-1664490855997.png

I think your only option is to use presentModalDialog().

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

I don't know of any way to adjust the appearance of LrDialogs.message() -- it picks the window size and it wraps lines as necessary.  The Mac version is worse than the Windows version, being much narrower:

johnrellis_0-1664490812480.png johnrellis_2-1664490855997.png

I think your only option is to use presentModalDialog().

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I was afraid of, thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines