Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 12.1

Camera Raw 15.1

macOS Ventura 13.1

Macbook Pro 2019

I do a lot of product photography for my job and often take my raw files to Photoshop to cut out the product and then save as a PSD file with a transparent background. I then make a virtual copy of the PSD file in Lightroom and make my final adjustments to that copy so that any future changes to the PSD file will be incorporated into my virtual copy. Recently, my secondary display image has started appearing as super warped or distorted whenever I try to crop or adjust the virtual copy. It's like my image is being smeared across the screen. I don't want to share a screenshot of the current image as the product I'm photographing hasn't been released yet. If an adobe employee wants to see it, I'd be happy to send it to a private email.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can direct message me a link to your screenshot so you don't have to post it here. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshot. 

This appears to be a likely GPU driver issue. If you update to Ventura 13.2 do you still see the issue?

Also, if you swap screen 1 and 2 do you see the issue migrate to the other screen or are both screens normal?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue persists even after switching screens. It definitely has something to to with GPU as turning it off had removed the issue but I was able to immediately recreate the issue after turning it back to Auto. Will update to Ventura 13.2 and report back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was finally able to revisit this as I've also been dealing with issues spawned by Google Drive/Apple Cloud API breaking all sorts of functionality (this has not been a good week for computer trouble). I have updated to 13.2 and the issue still persists unless I turn off GPU in Lightroom settings. Will keep it off for now and monitor for bug fixes in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines