• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select a source page keeps popping up

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I'm trying to use lightroom in either the library or develop, I keep getting the select a source page appear over the top of what I'm doing, I press cancel each time, but it re-appears constantly. Does anyone know what I am I doing wrong, or should be doing to stop this. The camera isn't connected and I've removed the card reader but that didn't stop it appearing. Each time it appears the "add" selection is lit. It's the latest version,  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dianes,

You're not in Develop mode, you're in the import dialog and Lightroom is waiting for you to import images. Lightroom is expecting you to choose a folder that has images needing to be imported.

Also, could you share a screenshot with us?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019-01-07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your import is set to "add" which means it will NOT be copying any files to a new location. This is bad if your source is not your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried switching it to copy, but each time it appears, which it's doing constantly it has the "add" selection lit. I'm not attempting to import anything right now, I'm trying to develop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clicking on "Cancel" at the bottom right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I click cancel every time it appears, but it just comes back, it doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing it appears even over maps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm getting the same issue, is there a way to stop Lightroom from continually asking to select a source?

You have to cancel bottom right, But the select source screen will pop up again.

I'm using a Lexus USB3.0 card reader, I believe that being connected is causing the issue.

But I don't want to keep connecting and disconnecting the card reader everytime I use lightroom.

There is no card in the reader.

Many Thanks

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am getting the same issue - and it's driving me nuts. If it can't be cured I will be stopping membership......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your LR settings to see if you have turned on the option to auto-import when a card is detected.

menu /edit/preferences/general/show import dialog...

If you have that turned on, try turning it off. Some card readers do not maintain a steady state when idle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The select a source screen pops up over the top of whatever screen I'm on, Library, develop and even maps, each time it does I click cancel but before long and sometimes straight away it re-appears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same issue.  i even uninstalled lightroom classic, restarted and reinstalled it..  still having the problem.  is it a hardware issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same issue.  i even uninstalled lightroom classic, restarted and reinstalled it..  still having the problem.  is it a hardware issue? 

By @chris35064886eg77

You are placing a Me Too reply in a five year old discussion. One that does not appear to be solved.

It is very unlikely that your Operating system is the same, it is very unlikely your Lightroom is the same, etc.

Please post your own brand new posting in Discussions.

When you do, please include your system info as LrC reports  it

at the very least:

• LrC version (including number)
  • Operating System version (and number)
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • GPU make/model, and driver version
  • GPU VRAM (unless MAC M1 or M2)
  • Any error message you might get
  • And a screenshot of your import screen may help.

P.S. for a new member in the community,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i disconnected my card readers and that stopped the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines