• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting and moving multiple images

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize in advance for posting this question because I feel like I must be missing something obvious.  I have been using Macs since the 80's and photoshop for 20 years.  Fairly new to Lightroom.  I was using Lightroom 3 and just upgraded to Classic. I cannot seem to select and move multiple photos.  If I select multiple photos and then try to drag the group, it only takes one image.  I have been looking through the preferences and menus and the community and I can't find a solution. If anyone can tell me what they think I am doing wrong, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce,

Where do you want to drag them? What is it that you want to do?

Drag and drop of multiple images works for moving to a different folder in the library or adding to a collection for instance.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Betreff,

Thanks for your response. I am trying to just drag and drop them into
collections or folders. However, after I select a group of images and try
to drag it, lightroom deselects the group of images and only lets me grab
the image that my mouse was pointing to. I just upgraded from lightroom 3
and the process works just fine in that version. I feel like I must have
changed some type of selection preference but I can't find anything that
would seem to affect this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Following up. I think I figured out the issue and it was kind of stupid.
When I tried to drag the images, I was clicking in the border outside of
the image. Even though the border is also highlighted, that doesn't work.
When I click inside the image and then drag, it works fine. Maybe that is
intuitive for everyone else, but I only stumbled upon it by trial and
error. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one very subtle distinction to watch out for when dragging one or more selected images in the Grid view. When you’re about to drag, position the mouse over any of the image thumbnails — but not the borders around the thumbnails — and then mouse down to drag.

This is because Lightroom Classic loads more options into a thumbnail than other applications might. The thumbnail border area can contain clickable controls to do things like change the rating or flag setting, sync metadata, change orientation, etc. So when your intention is to drag the thumbnails, it’s good to develop a habit of always aiming for the thumbnail image itself so that you don’t accidentally click a control in the border. Aim for the middle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines