Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious Bug in LR Classic

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have migrated my catalogue to LR CC with approx 53.000 images. After everything synced (took approx 1 week),

i started a new empty catalogue in LR Classic and tried to sync my LR CC images back to this catalogue.

After:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-01 um 22.48.07.png

LR Classic failed with eating up all my memory and swap. This is reproduceable.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-01 um 22.48.36.png

Right now LR Classic is unusable for me, since it will eat up the memory and swap every time i start it.

My machine is an iMac 5k (2014) with 16GB RAM, macOS 10.13 (and the new 10.13.1 since today)

Please fix this bug or post a walkaround

Best regards

Sven

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

issue seems resolved, renamed the sync data folder (to hold on to it just in case) restarted LR classic and a new one was created and now it seems to work again....

what surprises me is that it took 6 chats with adobe over a few days until that simple solution was finally found over a phone call.....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, does anyone have a solution for this? adobe support keeps hanging up on me in chat or phone.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I have will see and reply to your question.

But to my knowledge the OP and you are trying to use LR CC and LR Classic, along with LR Web, in a way it was not designed for.

I don't believe this is a bug at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using LR classic in the way adobe recommended, syncing images back into classic from the cloud.....

and btw: at this point LR is completely unusable, swap memory fills up every time, even if sync is paused.....

i believe this is a bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe wants bug reports filed in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Product developers read everything posted there (and sometimes reply) but are rarely seen in this forum.

Which forum should I post to? (Feedback vs Forums)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

issue seems resolved, renamed the sync data folder (to hold on to it just in case) restarted LR classic and a new one was created and now it seems to work again....

what surprises me is that it took 6 chats with adobe over a few days until that simple solution was finally found over a phone call.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting your solution, that might help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

a few weeks later.....i tried for over 2 months with countless adobe chat and screen share support session.....there does not seem to be a way to sync a LR CC (cloud) catalog back into LR classic......download speeds are not the issue, i was able to download all files in a little over 4 days and i can have local backup of all my files in LR CC.....any attempt to sync back to LR classic failed at one point or another.....

I am pretty much forced to stay with my LR CC cloud plan at this point.....

adobe does not hold my files hostage, I am able to download them but all ratings and settings would be lost.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines