• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious Lightroom Classic issue

Participant ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a very experienced LR user all the way back to version 1.  Currently up to date running Version 8 on Windows 10 PC.

I cannot import any files into Lightroom, even previously export files.  When I enter the import screen and select the card/drive containing the images files, no files are seen.  If I click on view in explorer the files are visible but they can't be imported from this view.

Need a solution for this urgently.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Apologies for the delay in replying with an update.

I discovered the cause of the problem was a power failure earlier in the day when my son was using LR.  Reinstalling was required to clear the import issue.

Thanks to all who offered assistance.

FC

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Destination panel on the right present and expanded? Is a valid destination selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Destination panel is normal and a valid path to my primary drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Import dialogue box can you navigate to a location on your hard drive and see images? Is it just an issue with memory card?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can navigate normally.  As in the original post, I can't even see files I exported.  The memory card and reader work perfectly on my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are in the Import Screen and see no photos, is there a number in the upper right corner stating how many photos there are in that folder?  If there is, what happens if you click on the small arrow?

Screenshot 2018-11-29 08.46.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  I can't get that far as the card or drive cannot be read within LR.  I can view the files if using explorer.

LR no files.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when you click on your G drive (memory card) on the top (under Devices), can't you see the photos either?

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, no files visible.

I can see folders in all media but no files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there video files somewhere on G: ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No video files just six NEF's.  I format my cards before every job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How old is your camera? Maybe Lr doesn't recognise your raw files?

What if you put some JPEGs on your memory card? Can you then see them in Import dialogue box in Lightroom?

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera is just over a year old and I use it every day.  The card works perfectly in my laptop.

LR does not display any files, only drives, cards and folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because it might help, can you show us a screen capture of the ENTIRE Import dialog box, with drive G: selected. (The screen capture before showed only the left part of the Import dialog box).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR inport.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do things change if you expand the Destination panel on the right? Can we see the expanded Destination Panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change with the right column expanded.

I think a reinstallation is required?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried restarting the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, restarted everything I can.  Have lost 5 hours on this now so must do a reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

No change with the right column expanded.

I think a reinstallation is required?

Just to clarify, I asked for the Destination panel to be expanded, not the right column to be expanded. Did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, with the Destination panel expanded still no files in the import section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sort of happened to me, turned out it wasn't actually a problem with Lr -after refreshing the O/S some files on another drive became inaccessible and I had to 'take ownership' of them by resetting permissions.

If you haven't already Frank, check they are accessible through other software. Also check that temp folders used by Lr to build import previews are accessible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, when in explorer you can see them, in what directory do they exist on that card, what subdirectory, yes in LR you have clicked to show subdirectories, I am ignoring that. Make sure you are looking in the correct location despite past history.

second, workaround, outside of LR, in file explorer, copy the images to the folder you would be importing them into. Launch LR and do an import from that folder, or just do a sync of that folder.

and question if your memory card is going bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for the delay in replying with an update.

I discovered the cause of the problem was a power failure earlier in the day when my son was using LR.  Reinstalling was required to clear the import issue.

Thanks to all who offered assistance.

FC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines