• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Export

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PC with i9 10850k @3.60Ghz - 64Gb Ram & GeForce RTX 3060 8Gb VRAM and 1TB M.2 SSD and the Lightroom Export is WAY too slow, like 2 Pics/Minute. HELP ME PLEASE. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

In your System Info, looking at the Library path. It appears that you are auto syncing (backing up) to OneDrive. That can cause performance issues, especially on a bad Internet connectivity day. Some may argue, that it could lead to catalog corruption (should the connectivity somehow lead to a crash of LrC). Consider altering your OneDrive settings as to not automatically sync changes in the catalog.

Each export will cause an entry into the database, the catalog, you can see that entry in the hi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to check is that your GPU-drivers are up to date.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, GPU Drives are Up to Date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version ( and please don't say latest) of Lightroom Classic and are you using any Export plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using the 13.1 LR Version w/ Camera Raw 16.1 and no Plug-Ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• What type of file are you trying to export and what are it's dimensions?
  • What are you Export specs? 
  • Is this behavior new?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually I export in *.PNG or *.JPEG (It depends) and mostly in 1920x1080 but sometimes original size (4000x6000) the previous Pc i had, got lower specs and worked more faster, so its sound pretty strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• How much free space on that hard drive your catalog is on in percent, and yes I mean %, Looking for at least 20% some say 25% free.
  • What hard drive are you exporting to, and how much free space (in this case actual space, GB, TB)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

80% free space of 1 Tb M.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share three bits of info that you can pull from LrC?

First up, your /preferences/performance

example:

Second up, your current Export Screen/dialog. A full screen,

example:

And some of the info from LrC /Help/System Info. The info from first line down to just after the plugin info.

example:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your System Info, looking at the Library path. It appears that you are auto syncing (backing up) to OneDrive. That can cause performance issues, especially on a bad Internet connectivity day. Some may argue, that it could lead to catalog corruption (should the connectivity somehow lead to a crash of LrC). Consider altering your OneDrive settings as to not automatically sync changes in the catalog.

Each export will cause an entry into the database, the catalog, you can see that entry in the history panel. And each entry into the database will trigger a change to OneDrive, thereby  causing a sync. busy busy busy.

In my opinion this is fault of Microsoft and their instance on Windows users logging in via a MS account instead of Local account and as such setting up OneDrive as you have it.

Backing up to OneDrive is fine, nice second destination, but I recommend doing so after closing LrC (as in copy to OneDrive). And many would recommend keeping at least one backup on a local hard drive (not containing your working catalog)

Some links:

Fellow members, if my reply is incorrect, please correct me, and please provide reference material. Oh and if not incorrect, do you have reference material to support the above (would be nice to quote MS or Adobe for example)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok perfect, this tips i never tried, i let you know if it help to me, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its look like you're the only right answer, thank you. You made my day.

This is a new machine and absolutly not notice that catalogue was on the OneDrive folder, i just move it and now it work as my expectations.

Again thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines