• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

smart collection criteria

Contributor ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

regarding smart collections, what in the heck goes into the box when the export option is selected as shown in the screenshot?  I also tried selection "starts with" and am confused over what it's looking to start with.  I tried filename, dates, other things and always the result was an empty collection.  I can find NO documentation on this.tim test 5.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

"Exported" appears because you have a specific plug-in installed into Lightroom Classic that produces that option. It is not available to me (or anyone else without that plug-in installed).

What plug-ins do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

The point others are making is that the 'Export' item in your list is not present in their list nor is it documented. The same applies to 'Published' and 'Settings'. Therefore, the fact that the three items are listed in your copy of LrC and not other users who've responded to your original query suggests that they've been added to the list via some third party plug-in or script!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, the "Exported" selection in your smart collection criteria does not APPLY to plug-ins, it applies to your photos, all of them, every single one. It appears in your Smart Collection criteria because you have installed a certain plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nature Light wrote:

again, not interested in how it applies to plug-ins.  Thanks anyway and I'm done.

Sounds good. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used an old Rob Cole plugin (TextMeta, iirc) which added some useful extra options of this sort - Parent folder name, Grandparent folder name for example. So this kind of thing is certainly possible from a plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines