• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smugmug to Portfolio workflow

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the Smugmug plugin in LR Classic to sync photo to my Smugmug-hosted website, which simply displays my photos in a hierarchy of albums with navigation. I was considering migrating to Portfolio but don't know how to do this and also preserve all of the photo descriptions, which took time to write. Is there a workflow that would allow me to recreate my Smugmug hierarchy of photo albums in Portolio? I noticed that in LC classic I cannot drag and drop any photos from a Smugmug collection into any other collection.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

It is possible to use the SmugMug publish service plug in to sync galleries to LR desktop. It’s safest to do it one gallery at a time all the on-line photos will be matched to the original in the Lightroom catalog.

Lightroom uses a catalog which is not readable by other apps directly without a plugin or other service. You'd need to migrate your images by exporting them with edits and then import into other apps. You may refer this article for more details: https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-portfolios-new-integration-with-adobe-lightroom/

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered that in LR Classic I can create a new collection within the "From Lr Mobile" collection and then be allowed to drag and drop photos from the SmugMug Publish Service folder into that collection. Then I right click "Sync with Lightroom" on my new collection. It's going to be time consuming to do this with all of my SmugMug albums but things could be worse. If I can more or less recreate my SmugMug site within Portfolio then I can probably drop another annual service fee, even though Portfolio has far fewer features than SmugMug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This could be a featyre that can further improve the Lightroom-Smugmug workflow. 

It would really help if you can share your feedback on our community:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines