• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spinning color wheel every time I open Lightroom CC - on Apple M1

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I get a spinning beachball in lightroom every single time I launch the app. I open the app, it converts settings to XMP and then in a few seconds the color wheel prevents any action for about almost 2 minutes. This happened on my 2013 imac before (used to last for 5-6 minutes) and I just upgraded to an Apple M1 and the issue persists. Is there some kind of catalog optimization that I need to perform? Does anyone else experience this error? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install Rosetta 2?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Yes Rosetta2 is installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC moniker is no longer part of Lightroom product naming. Using that causes confusion as to actual product.

Are you talking about:

Lightroom, aka Lightroom Cloud, aka Lightroom Desktop. Runs on computer, saves album on cloud, saves photos on cloud. Icon Lr

or

Lightroom Classic, saves catalog on computer hard drive, photos on hard drive (typically)

Please state exact program name and exact version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies I Meant Lightroom Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to an Apple M1 

Evan though, I will ask. Did a previous version work on this computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not try with a previous version. I simply migrated to the M1 from a 2013 IMac.

I suspect it may be an issue with my Lightroom catalog. I am going to try archiving it and making a new one to see if the issue continues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this resolved? I'm on a very new iMac with lots of grunt and I can't get past the rainbow wheel of death today at all ... it's been a bit slower lately but I've never not been able to use it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this resolved? I'm on a very new iMac with lots of grunt and I can't get past the rainbow wheel of death today at all ... it's been a bit slower lately but I've never not been able to use it

By @Leslie P.

You are adding into a very old post. Both Operating Systems and Adobe Apps have upgraded/updated since the post was initiated. The original problem may not be at all related to your problem. Also many members might ignore old postings.

Please create your own new posting.

When you do, create a nice descriptive subject (title)

Naturally state your problem

Include any error messages

And state any remedies you attempted

When yo do, please remember to include at a minimum the following information (not all might relate, but it may be helpful)

• Adobe Application name and version (avoid words like latest, current, use numbers)
  • Operating System, Window or MAC, and OS version
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • GPU make/model, and GPU driver version
  • VRAM on the GPU (MAC M1 not applicable)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By @Leslie P.

Posting to a two years old thread is not a very good idea. The chance that you have the exact same problen as somebody had two years ago with different Lightroom Classic and OS versions is very small. Read this, that is more likely your problem: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-lrc-12-2-1-fails-to-start-launch-or-is-extre...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines