Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot healing tool - Adjustment Brush

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goodmorning,

when I use the spot healing tool after I use the adjustment brush, my adjustment brush mask gets affected in a strange way. (most prominent when I use the spot healing in the same area as the mask overlay)

The area of the mask overlay is not the same shape anymore. It disappears in some places and gets 'patchy'.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue. 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

  

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

  

If this doesn't help we need more informations about your environment. 

• Which operating system do you use? 
  • Which version of Lightroom do you use? 

Please post the exact version and not only phrases as "recent", "latest" and so on. 

  

Do you get an error message? If yes, please post the exact message or an screenshot.  

Can you please post a screenshot on which we can see the problem.

To insert screenshots, please use the "Insert Photos" icon in the toolbar, so that we don't have to download them. 

insert graphic compact.png 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

goodmorning,

I will try this first and come back with the follow up.

I will say this, I do not get an error message. I just noticed it because I lightend up an area and after spot healing, it went darker again. Turning on my mask overlay showed me it...A strange patchy mask iso the whole area I masked.

Thank you for the fast reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I and several others have reported the same bug. My problem was solved by disabling GPU acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines