This is the way my. preview looks 

how to fix this

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved this post to the Lightroom Classic forum. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the Preferences (Performance tab). Any better?

When you view one of those odd looking images in Develop at 1:1, any difference? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i did disabled the GPU and it makes no difference.

when i click on a photo and select "show in finder" the picture looks perfect. so the original files is fine.

so i don't have a solution, do you ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cord14267405 wrote:

Hi,

i did disabled the GPU and it makes no difference.

when i click on a photo and select "show in finder" the picture looks perfect. so the original files is fine.

so i don't have a solution, do you ?

Recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am not sure what you mean here 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include your screen capture in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon. My web browser will not show attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2022-09-20 om 14.48.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are those RAW files?

Possibility that you have corrupt RAW files. Either a bad memory card, or a bad memory card reader, or cable.

Looking at the RAW files outside of LrC may tell you nothing as you are probably seeing the embedded JPEG, not a converted RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed those are RAW files.

this is what whent wrong: 

i have a synology NAS and i trew away the folder containing all my photo's, stupid i know ...

Then i used a revovery program to recover all my files and i got them back, not the way i liked it but just all the files (with diffirent names a may add )

so then i imported all the files in lightroom and some of them looked like the foto above, but when i look at them in the finder they look perfect ?!

that's the problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreeing with @GoldingD , almost definitely a corrupted file, caused by a hardware malfunction somewhere. They look fine in Finder because the Finder shows the JPG preview embedded in the file, and these can be un-corrupted even when the RAW in the file is corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but why are the RAW files looking perfect in the finder ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I explained that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, i overlooked that.

but also curious, i never knew that there was a jpg embedded in the raw file ..

is there a way (tool) the rebuild the RAW file using the jpg?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A corrupted file cannot be re-built. You need to find a backup of this file and restore that backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oke, then i know i am F^%&$ because i do not have a backup, my thought was to put everything on a NAS i would be safe.. that's going to change now.

45000 files pfff..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem may or may not be the NAS. It's not clear to me why having a NAS means you don't have to make backups (unless the NAS does that automatically), but I admit I don't know much about them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines