• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support for Nikon D750

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the normal lead time for a new camera such as the Nikon D750 to be available in LR5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 186 Replies 186
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I don’t have a Mac, I cannot tell you for sure where the DNG C 8.7 RC puts its camera profiles but perhaps somewhere like this:

Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Camera/Nikon D750/

Or if that folder doesn’t exist then search your entire hard-drive for files with names like:

Nikon D750 Camera Standard.dcp and reply back here where you found them for future reference.

Once you find the 7 .dcp files for the D750, copy them to here:

Macintosh HD/Users/(your username)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/

Then restart LR.

Once the final LR comes out, it’ll have its own version of the profiles, which might have been updated in some way so delete the RC versions you’ve copied to the Users location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you installed dng converter they will already be in that location. Lightroom simply won't use them. You can try to put them in the library folder in your user home folder in the same hierarchy. But I don't see why that would give different results. Mac OS X hides this folder by default but you can get to it by using Got folder in the finder and going to -/Library

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you confirming that the DNGC 8.7 RC installs the D750 camera profiles to: 

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Camera/Nikon D750/ 

DNGC installs all the profiles, but puts them in a location that only PS/ACR can find them, so LR has no idea.

The manual copy procedure I've outlined, above, will copy them from the PS-only location to the shared Users location so LR can see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The location /Library/Application\

Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Camera/Nikon\ D750 for the D750

profiles is indeed the shared location where the DNG converter installs the

profiles on Mac OS X. For some reason Lightroom will not use them even

though it should. There should be no difference between the folder in the

home folder and the folder in the main Library folder. The tilde in the

~/Library shortcut is a unix shortcut for the users home folder, so you

won't have to type it. The full thing to type in "got to folder" is

actually ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/

which will bring you to the folder where custom profiles can be stored.

That said, I just tried and amazingly it works. Just copy the profiles

from /Library/Application\

Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Camera/Nikon\ D750 into

~/Library/Application

Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/ and you'll get full D750 support.

So great tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That “CameraRaw” location under the global Library is not a shared location between PS and LR, it is only used for PS and DNGC. It is a “Photoshop” location if you will.

The LR profiles are in a resources package for LR’s use, only, since at least LR 4. See here for where LR stores its profiles:

http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/tag/lens-correction-profiles

Because PS has its own location and LR has its own location only the Users profile location is shared because it is for third-party profiles that an Adobe installer didn’t install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow I did not know that. Pretty stupid in my opinion that it doesn't scan the system folder anymore. It does explain what happens here though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop and Lightroom need to be able to install and uninstall and otherwise work independently of each other, otherwise different versions of software would overwrite each other’s resources, perhaps in an incompatible way, or uninstalling one will uninstall the resources of the other.

PS and LR also know what profiles they ship with and ignore any others, so even if you put the D750 profiles in the LR Resources area (on Windows it is a folder that files can be copied to) they would be ignored.

I think this division of files is there to support more sophisticated installers and apps that have their own data instead of playing in a messy shared world of files.

The issue in the latter part of this thread, where only the DNGC-embedded profile is seen by LR, has only recently become a problem, whenever LR Mobile came on the scene, because since then the LR team hasn’t released an RC version of LR at the time the RC version of ACR/DNGC were released, so it’s left up to forum users to teach people how to copy their profiles from one area to the other on a case-by-case basis. Jao, at least you can tell Mac people how to do this, now, from your own personal experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this is good to know. I wouldn't be surprised if this method will cause dual profiles to be shown when LR 5.7 gets released. Bottom line is that in the mean time there is a complete D750 support solution in Lightroom. Just copy over the profiles and convert the nefs to dng. Very easy and quick and you don't have to frankenstein your nef files to make LR think its a different camera with all consequences of doing that (wrong lens profiles, wrong camera profiles, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the methods posted above and it's still not working for me. Do I still need to convert the files to DNGs? I did that and still no dice... So annoyed. I have a wedding with over 2000 images to process and I'm going to have to open in Camera Raw and do a batch edit to make "Camera Standard" then import to Lightroom. I really can't wait until the new LR comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until LR 5.7 arrives with native D750 support, you'll only be able to import DNGs that you've converted from D750 NEFs to DNGs via the DNG Converter 8.7 RC.

The process works on a Mac when Jao tried it and works on Windows when I've tried it, so something isn't being done the same on your system.

Have you restarted LR?  What OS do you have?

Here is proof the profile-copy process works for making all the Adobe D750 profiles available in LR 5.6 using DNGs from the DNG Converter 8.7 RC, at least on Windows:

Besides selecting Camera Vivid, I enabled some lens corrections and noise-reduction.

--

For the record, on Windows 8, I copied 7 .dcp files from:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera\Nikon D750

To:

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\D750

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ssprengel. But I must had something to the procedure : copying only Nikon D750 camera Raw profile folder  from C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles to Lightroom 5\Resources\CameraProfiles did not work for me at first.

The reason is, I guess, because both Camera Raw and LR keep a list of supported camera in index.dat file, located in the top cameraprofiles folder. So you need also to copy this file. The best solution is thus to copy the full cameraprofiles folder from Camera Raw to LR5.

One could also copy index.dat and the nikon folder solely, but in that case the camera database for lightroom is not correct... You can also edit manually the index.dat file, to a lines for Nikon D750.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process I outlined was copying from the ProgramData folder to the Users…CameraProfiles folder. The Resources folder is where Adobe installs its profiles when you get a new version of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a simple way to get your D750 files into lightroom, use Exifchanger to change the model to a NIKON D5300, and they'll import into lightroom just fine. If you need further instructions I've posted them above in the thread. http://basepath.com/new/detail-ExifChanger.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as what i had done now have to mess around trying to resolve issue 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have D750 as well and can import ONLY JPG's!

I rate as a bug that I cannot import JPG's as well which are stored together with NEF's.

So if I set camera to store a NEF and a JPG LR will NOT import the JPG's which have same main name as the NEF's!

Either you delete (move them somewhere else) or rename the NEF's before, only then LR will import the JPG's as well.

For me this is a bug because even I have a camera which is not supported in its RAW format it should handle JPG's as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to understand your English. Perhaps you should not be so completely dependent on one piece of software. Learn to import to your computer on its own and then import into LR, if that's, indeed, what you are talking about. What you "rate" as a bug, others don't care about. Perhaps it's a feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Either you delete (move them somewhere else) or rename the NEF's before, only then LR will import the JPG's as well.

You should simply disable the preference in Lightroom "Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos". It's in Preferences -> General.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2014 Sep 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, My problem regarding JPG's+NEF's is solved. Now I will try to rename Camera in Exif (If I find my old Exif batch editor...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Rikk, I'm just going to stick with JPEG (fine) until the next LR release. I'm in the "learning" mode anyway.  I have an unrelated question about the D750... hopefully I'm not breaking "discussions" etiquette.  I noticed that my brand new D750 sometime takes 2 pictures while in Single Frame Release Mode; it does it occasionally, and I can't replicate it.... is that bad?  It doesn't sound like a good thing for a brand new $2000+ camera 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An “is my camera broken” sort of question is outside the scope of Adobe forums, unless you’re shooting tethered to LR and seeing this issue, which you can’t be because LR doesn’t support the D750 for tethering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume I can also save my RAW files to a hard drive and convert to DNG later when there is an update and use the TIF process in the interim?

The TIF process doesn't sound too bad if you can do files in bulk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use an exif editor to change the camera exif from d750 do d810 and then it seems to work fine in LR or Photoshop . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone explain the exif editor and also were can I find the download for this. Completely new to this and really stressing over not being about to download my pictures to LR5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't stress. Google "ExifChanger" and it's there. I believe there is a 14 day free trial, then it's a $10 after (bargain). Load the photos up in that, and on the right hand side edit the TIFF Model from NIKON D750 to "NIKON D5300".  Then you are good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines