• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support for Nikon D750

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the normal lead time for a new camera such as the Nikon D750 to be available in LR5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 186 Replies 186
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Titch, you need to manually copy over the nefs to your hard disk from your card reader. Just put them in a folder somewhere. Then open up dng converter that you just installed before. Direct it to the folder of nefs and run the converter on all of them. The resulting dng files will import into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only import DNGs that you convert from the NEFs using the DNG Converter. The DNG Converter is a standalone program that you have to run to create DNGs from raw files, not something the magically makes LR work after you install it without doing anything extra.

You will need to use the DNG Converter 8.7 RC to create the DNGs not an older version.

You cannot have touched the D750 NEFs with Nikon software that’s not for the D750 camera otherwise the obsolete Nikon software may corrupt them and make them unreadable to Adobe products. There is a utility that will reverse this corruption, here:

http://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/fix_corrupted_nef.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did use Capture NX-D before converting to DNG and it worked fine - if it did not I would not bother with DNG as Capture NX-D IS NOT ABSOLETE - sorry ss... - wait a minute - I though DNG captured 100% of the NEF data, so this should never be an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maximus. Older versions of ViewNX corrupt files from Nikon cameras that were released after the software came out if you use it to download files from the camera or a card reader. This is well documented on this forum and elsewhere. Every time a new Nikon camera comes out, what happens is that people still use the older Nikon software that they still had installed to download the nefs and then get files that nothing else can read. If you download the files without the Nikon software (i.e. using Lightroom, manually or by a built in system tool) and not use the older Nikon software, the files will be intact. Capture NXD does not have this problem as far as I know but I wouldn't be surprised if if you hadn't updated it for a while, it would do the same corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I did not see that ss was mentioning the older versions of Capture NX (what an awesome software it was - because it does not support D750 prompted me to go back to PS/LR )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was replying to Titchthephot not you about obsolete software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again - apologies - did not notice you were not talking about NX-D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first - copy the files from your card to HD on your box - then open DNG converter - convert files and import DNG files to LR  - to get your camera profile into LR copy D750 profile from CamaraRaw to \\Users\[yourUser]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CC and it works - I did find a link specific to the CC and it took me to the same file. Make sure you get both plugin and the converter. For PS plugin make sure that it gets copied to the right folder. DNG converter worked fine for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Native Lightroom support for the D750 was added in the Lightroom 5.7 update released this evening.

Release details:

Lightroom 5.7: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/11/lightroom-5-7-now-available.html

Camera Raw 5.7: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/11/camera-raw-8-7-and-dng-converter-8-7-now-available.h...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CS-4, it has worked flawlessly on my D-70s, and my D-90.  Why can I not open up a RAW NEF file from my new D-750?

My OS is MS-Win, 7, 64, Pro, soon to be MS-10Pro 64.

How am I able to open my NEF Files to TIF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thomasc62147904 wrote:

I am using CS-4, it has worked flawlessly on my D-70s, and my D-90.  Why can I not open up a RAW NEF file from my new D-750?

Mainly because it's a different camera.

Support is camera-specific, and CS4 is too old to support the D750 - you'd need a version of PS that supports ACR 8.7 or newer.

So either upgrade, or use the free DNG converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines