• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Library Previews not updating

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This hasn't ever happened to me previously and I edit hundreds of images a day, as a wedding photographer. Has only appeared since latest update (so far as I've seen). 

Edit an image in Develop mode, normally the thumbnail at the bottom would auto update with the new preview/look. It doesn't anymore. Go to Library mode to check, no, no update to the preview, it's still the old look. Force rebuild standard preview (and 1:1 preview) no effect. The Library preview will not update to the new look created in Develop mode. 

Quit LR, then restart it, the preview is updated. 

Even did a Sync of one process, which was converting to BW across 5 images. Four of the images changed profile to the new look, the 1st image in the group didn't. Stuck with previous old version of the look. Quit and restart LR it changed to new look. 

MacOSX 10.15.7

Hampshire Wedding Photographer / Documentary Wedding Photographer
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13.  Using this release we are no longer able to reproduce this error internally. Please install the update and let us know if the issue has disappeared for you as well.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 243 Replies 243
243 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the newest version I cannot "sync settings" in a large batch of photos anymore. It will sync settings on some of the selected images but randomly not sync on others. I'm not syncing any sort of preset either and also tried in develop module as well as library. This is a huge time saver and essential part of my workflow, please help!

Lightroom Classic version: 11.1

Operating system: Mac OS 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some troubleshooting steps:

1. Perhaps LR has copied the settings to all the photos but hasn't updated the Library thumbnails for some of them. Select one of the photos that looks like it didn't get the settings and open it in Develop -- did the sliders get changed to the copied values?

2. If not, try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just the previews, when I click on the image there are no slider adjustments made. I reset prefrences and that didn't work either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just the previews, when I click on the image there are no slider adjustments made. I reset prefrences and that didn't work either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your report is the only one I've seen here (at least so far).  

Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

If resetting doesn't help, then it's unlikely Adobe will pay attention unless others start reporting similar symptoms or you can make a reproducible test case (which would likely be difficult, in this case). At a minimum, I'd suggest posting a screen recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am syncing settings for about 500 raw (NEF) image files for a sunset timelapse in Lightroom Classic in OS 11.5.2. All camera settings were the same. The intervals were two seconds. The settings show synced when checked/compared in the Develop module. 

The problem is the previews of 300 or so do not show the temperature change. Cropping, dehaze, etc do. I made sure to check all boxes when syncing or pasting settings. When the problem images are exported, they show the incorrect temperature. 

Another strange thing is the filmstrip preview will show the unchanged temperature but the large preview will update after a moment. But it does not change anything for the 300 or so problem images. 

When I try a drastic temerature change just to see the difference, the previews do sync.

I've deleted the previews.lrdata file, built standard and 1:1 previews, rebooted LR. I've left the application running for a while for it to try to update. Also scrolled through all images to prompt an update.

bryanc61768247_0-1641832966557.png

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The problem is the previews of 300 or so do not show the temperature change. ... When the problem images are exported, they show the incorrect temperature."

To test my understanding:

- Many but not all of the thumbnail previews don't display the effect of the synced temperature. Are the problem thumbnails all at the end of the sequence, or are they intermixed with the "good" thumbnails?

- When you export a problem image, the effect of the synced temperature doesn't appear on the exported image.

- When you open a problem thumbnail in Develop, the Temp slider hasn't been changed.

Before others jump in, let's get clarity on these points, so we're all on the same page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The large previews and thumbnails do not update. It happens with the first 200 or so in the sequence. 

The cutoff between updated and non-updated show both in the thumbnails and when previews in Develop module. 

Some of the "good" files show unchanged thumbnails but correct themselves in Develop. The others do not no matter how long I wait. It's kind of like Lightroom switches back and forth. 

The numerical temperature value is the same for all images. 

I thought it was just a matter of the previews but the exported images show the same. 

I hope this helps. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The numerical temperature value is the same for all images."

Over the years, there have been reports of Sync Settings not correctly copying the settings to all the selected images, but that's not the case here -- all your images are getting the same Temp.  There have also been many reports of LR getting stuck regenerating previews, but you've tried all the standard workarounds for that.

Suggested next steps:

1. Do Help > System Info and copy/paste the first 10 lines here.

2. Package up a test catalog containing perhaps 10 of the photos, 5 that have correct previews and 5 that don't. It would be best to pick pairs of photos that are close in time, with similar exposures.  Select those 10 photos and File > Export As Catalog, with the options Export Negative Files and Include Available Previews.  Then zip up the exported folder (which contains both the catalog proper and the 10 sample photos), upload it to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar, and post the sharing link here.

We can see if the issue occurs on other configurations, and if so, file a bug report. (Adobe usually won't pay attention to bug reports unless they contain recipes they can execute to reproduce the bug.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, after packaging up the test catalog, you could try the Copy Settings plugin for copying the settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there's something strange here. 

I exported a catalog of good and bad files. Lightroom rendered correct previews for different files this time. Not always consecutive. 

On another attempt, I divided the files into much smaller batches (<50), imported those, pasted settings and got spotty results there too. 

In both caes, the filmstrip or Library thumbnail is incorrect but sometimes corrects itself when viewed in Develop. Not always, even after waiting for it to render.

I'll try your plug in and on a collegue's Mac. 

Will report back, thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exported catalog and tried on another Mac. Same result.

Back on my machine, tried syncing changes (temp, crop, etc.) one at a time. This worked until trying to sync dehaze.

Tried the plug-in too. The cut-off between the changed and unchanged images was at a different point. Removed the dehaze setting and it worked.

You're right, LR doesn't like syncing large batches. Especially with a dehaze edit. That seems the sticking point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This worked until trying to sync dehaze."

I tried reproducing the problem by making a folder of 400 copies of the same .NEF, and then syncing Dehaze adjustments. I tried about 10 times, and it always worked correctly.  So there must be something unique about the photos or something else in your catalog.

If you package up a test catalog and share it, as described above, then hopefully we can reproduce the problem and then get a bug report filed.  Adobe did eventually fix many of the sync-settings bugs, though it took a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple more possible workarounds:

- Select all the photos, go to Develop, and turn on Auto Sync (the toggle to the left of the Sync button in the lower-left).  Does changing Dehaze correctly Auto Sync?

- Define a preset with all your desired settings.  Then go to Library, select all the photos, and in the Quick Develop panel, apply the preset.  Does that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, selecting 100 images and applying a change such as saturation -100, this is applied on 90% of the images at random and on some it does not apply the change

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact step-by-step procedure you are following here?

Please state the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic. Please state the exact version NUMBER of your operating system. We need the version NUMBERs and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Library module, or Develop  module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a couple other recent reports of this. As  dj_paige requested, please do the menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the first ten lines here, and provide step-by-step details.  Also, does the problem occur every time or intermittently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem occur always both in the development module and in the library. Even copying the settings and pasting them on the other images I have the same problem.

I also tried resetting settings and uninstalling and software but nothing.

Forwarding the info as requested

Versione di Lightroom Classic: 11.1 [ 202112022200-7fd1f998 ]
Licenza: Creative Cloud
Impostazioni lingua: it-IT
Sistema operativo: Mac OS 12
Versione: 12.1.0 [21C52]
Architettura dell'applicazione: arm64
Conteggio processore logico: 10
Velocità processore: NA
Versione SqLite: 3.36.0
Memoria integrata: 32.768,0 MB
Memoria reale disponibile in Lightroom: 32.768,0 MB
Memoria fisica usata Lightroom: 7.782,7 MB (23,7%)
Memoria virtuale usata Lightroom: 421.308,3 MB
Dimensione cache memoria: 2.991,5MB
Versione Camera Raw interna: 14.1 [ 993 ]
Numero di thread massimo utilizzato da Camera Raw: 5
Ottimizzazione SIMD Camera Raw: SSE2
Memoria virtuale di Camera Raw: 1897MB / 16383MB (11%)
Memoria reale di Camera Raw: 1962MB / 32768MB (5%)
Monitor: 1) 3456x2234, 2) 2560x1440

Informazioni processore grafico:
Metal: Apple M1 Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Troubleshooting steps to narrow down the bug and identify workarounds:

1. Does the problem occur when you use Auto Sync?  Click the Auto Sync toggle in the lower-left corner of Develop, select all the photos to be changed, then make the change to the current photo, turn off the toggle:

johnrellis_0-1642607726262.png

2. Make a preset with the desired settings. Then in Library, select the photos to be changed and in the Quick Develop panel, apply the preset -- does the problem still occur?

johnrellis_1-1642607916917.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will do another day to night time lapse and see if it happens again and report back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please merge with the main thread collecting the reports about sync settings not copying to all the selected photos:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/sync-settings-not-applying-settings-to-...

Four reports of similar symptoms -- consider whether this should be moved to Bugs where others can more easily find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updated LRC to 11.2 ACR to 14.2 yesterday

got back from a 3hr recital photo session with 2324 photos

auto sync isn't syncing as it should

skipping files randomly on highlihgts and shadows.

found out by chance and had to go back and comb through several groups of photos then gave up

and just went with manullay forcing sync by command (cmd+shft+s) to sync up the valuse of the edits.

radial filter, brush, lineal gradient works just fine

macOS Monterey 12.1, m1 Mac mini with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD

catalog's on that 512GB SSD on mac mini, editing files on my sexternal SSD hooked up on USB3.0 hub

Votes

Translate

Translate