Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

temporaryRepairCatalog Previews

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

my LR Catalog was broken and is now restored.

Now I find a lot of new files, which occupy a lot of space. Which of the following can I delete? I found nothing about the logic of the restore process.

-Folder: Beschädigte Kataloge (corrupt catalog) contains the actual cataloge name

-temporaryRepairCatalog Previews.lrdata

-temporaryRepairCatalog Smart Previews.lrdata

-Temporary Import Data.db-journal

-Temporary Import Data.db

Many Thanks for your halp in advance.

Bernd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete all of them. Lightroom will rebuild anything that it needs.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Johan, thank you very much for your quick reply. I will transfer the files and delete them after everything will work without them as usual.

Another question to you: The previews are no longer included in the restored cataloge. No problem so far. But I have a few lost picture folders, from which I still had the previews in LR. Can I extract them from the temporaryRepair...Previws.irdata OR are they now lost also?

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't "retrieve" lost images from the previews, because these are only previews (smaller jpegs) of thoss images, not the real thing. If you accept that because it is better than nothing, then there is a plugin that can extract jpegs from the previews. I have found that renaming the previews file during a catalog repair is apparently just a precaution. If you rename them back then you'll often find that there was nothing wrong with them after all, so then you could use that plugin to extract the previews of the lost images. Here's that plugin: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/preview-extraction

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Johan, thank you very much again. I will try with more time later. But I think it was exactly, what I was looking for.

Great help!

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines