• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering in LRC now importing RAW instead of JPEG

New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I used to tether to LRC, it would import the photos as JPEG. Now all of a sudden it's changed to importing the RAW files instead. How do I change which format is imported when tethering? 

I shoot RAW to my compact flash card and JPEG to my SD card - not sure if that is relevant or not. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

"I shoot RAW to my compact flash card and JPEG to my SD card - not sure if that is relevant or not."

It maybe. Can you change the camera settings to be JPG>Compact flash, and RAW>SD card, as a trial and see the result?

I have also read (I cannot remember where) that changing the "Playback" option to review camera photos changed the card that 'sent' photos via tether.

If you report your exact camera model, there may be others with experience of this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I shoot RAW to my compact flash card and JPEG to my SD card - not sure if that is relevant or not."

It maybe. Can you change the camera settings to be JPG>Compact flash, and RAW>SD card, as a trial and see the result?

I have also read (I cannot remember where) that changing the "Playback" option to review camera photos changed the card that 'sent' photos via tether.

If you report your exact camera model, there may be others with experience of this question.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I managed to work it out earlier. I have always had the JPEG/RAW saving to
the cards that way, so it wasn't that that made it change from importing
JPEG to RAW all of a sudden.

It was the "Playback" option. I must have changed which card was being read
by my camera to display on the playback screen and that is what it seems to
use to import when tethering too.

I have two cameras and noticed that one would import as RAW and one as
JPEG. That was the only different setting between the two cameras. I
changed it back and now it's back to importing RAW again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines