• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering issue

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to tether my Canon Eos 5dsr to my apple computer (not a mac) and I have set everything up correctly (to my knowledge and even ran down the list of "common tethering issues" and still cannot figure out why I cannot get Lightroom to detect my camera. It will detect it for a second then it'll say it doesn't detect my camera. Anyone know why this could be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Lr-Classic is new name for the desktop program many have used for years and now upgraded to version 7 (7.0.1) only available by Photography Plan Subscription.(ie. there is no 'Stand-alone' v7)

It must continue to be developed or 'millions' of photographers would be very unhappy.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-classic-end-life/

Your Nikon D5300 was supported for tethering in Lightroom version 5.3 and will tether with Lr-Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Biggest thing in general is to have the right kind of USB cable and to connect it straight to your computer, not through a hub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR CC does not support tethering right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you serious?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pschefz is correct, Lightroom CC does not support tethering. There might be some confusion over the naming though.

Lightroom CC is a brand new cloud-native app, which stores all of your photos in the cloud, but is very new so it has fewer features right now.

Lightroom CC 2015 is the traditional version of Lightroom you've been using over the last few years. It does support tethering, and has supported the Canon 5DSR since 2015.3.

Lightroom Classic is the latest version of the traditional version of Lightroom, which also supports tethering.

This forum is for the new baby cloudy Lightroom, hence the confusion. I'm going to move this thread to the right place (now the Lightroom Classic forum, which also handles issues with older Lightroom versions).

Could you please go to Help menu > System Info and paste the contents so we can see your system details and LR version please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what's happening with Lightroom Classic?  Is this going to be replaced/re-branded?

I'm a long time user of Photoshop, and have previously (many years ago) used Lightroom to organise my photos.

I've just purchased my first DSLR (Nikon D5300) and wanted to try tethered capture.

Suggestions as to which path I should be taking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr-Classic is new name for the desktop program many have used for years and now upgraded to version 7 (7.0.1) only available by Photography Plan Subscription.(ie. there is no 'Stand-alone' v7)

It must continue to be developed or 'millions' of photographers would be very unhappy.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-classic-end-life/

Your Nikon D5300 was supported for tethering in Lightroom version 5.3 and will tether with Lr-Classic.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @wobertc, I'm now successfully shooting with Lr CC Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct! Lr CC does not have a tethering feature. It's only ver 1.0.1

Lr CC Classic does have a 'Tethered Capture' feature. File | Tethered Capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Neox99, interested to see where they take Lr CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines