Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering without creating a folder

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone 

I can tether my Nikon Z6ii no problem. The question I have is - is there a way I can send my images directly to a folder WITHOUT creating a folder. The issue I have is that I am trying to send my images to a spooling folder for a piece of software so it then loads the image straight into the  software. My problem is when I try to do this, Lightroom creates a folder and my other software does not see into the folder to download the image. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Warren

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same request.  I want to tether so it can dump my files into a hot folder to print.  i don't want the session folder that lightroom creates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried so many different ways and looked everywhere on line, I can't find any suggestions anywhere, it is very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking in 'reverse'-  Would it be possible to define the "spooling folder" for the other software to use the 'Session' folder, after you have set up the Tether Session folder?

(Not knowing what the "other software" is, or how it works.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob 

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately, this is something that I have tried but to no avail I am afraid. It still doesn't move the pix into the other program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider trying other Tether software, perhaps that might work for you. The Z6ii is listed in the supported cameras for DigiCamControl-

TETHER - DIGICAMCONTROL

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob. 
I have solved it! I thought about what you said and suddenly it clicked. I deleted the original Spool folder from its location within the other program's folders and then renamed the Studio Session folder 'Spool' and put it in the same folder as the original Spool folder had been. The pix then began importing. I will just have to relabel the spool folder each time and delete the previous one but that's no hardship, Thanks Rob. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice that you managed the work-around.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warren,,, i am reading your post and still cant figure it out. would you kindly please help me?  so i want my LR tethering session to dump into the DNP hot folder location C:\dndp\4x6 .. how do i go on about doing this without creating a subfolder in the 4x6 folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @duct37125703 

You might try this-

By making  '4x6' a 'SESSION' folder-

First empty and delete your current C:\Dndp\4x6 folder  (it will be created again by the tether)

In the Tether dialog-

1) Set the Session name to '4x6'

2) in the Destination panel- choose 'C:\dndp'  as the folder destination.

3) If you have other software 'reading' the '4x6' folder- Now set this App to watch the '4x6' session folder that Lrc has created. (It will appear from the setup before before you start capturing photos by the tether.)

2022-09-28 11_28_33-Clipboard.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  It totally makes sense. I will try this and get back to you.  Awesome! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines