The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2022 could not be launched

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden I'm having issues opening images in the latest version of Photoshop using the latest version of LRC. After selecting the "Edit in..." option, there's a long hang (about 30 seconds or so), then a LRC alert pops up that reads "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2022 could not be launched." I have Photoshop 2022 open and running. When I click "Okay", THEN the image opens in PS!

Any idea what the problem is?

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022
Use the Creative Cloud application and uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom but when asked, keep the preferences. Then install Photoshop first, followed by Lightroom. Better?

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Creative Cloud application and uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom but when asked, keep the preferences.

Then install Photoshop first, followed by Lightroom. Better?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That fixed it - thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines