• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring Custom Order when exporting as a Catalog

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm sending my Lightroom Catalogs to my editor to edit, I edit them as a Catalog. They edit, then send me the catalog back and I import it as a Catalog. One of the things we'd love them to do is order the Catalog in a Custom Order. However, it seems the Custom Order isn't retained when they send it back. Since we need the file names to remain the same to import their edits there is no option to rename. Any suggestions? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In a simple experiment- I Custom sorted 5 files in a Collection. I Exported the Collection 'as a catalog' with smart previews only (not negatives). The Collection in the exported catalog maintained the same Custom Sort. The Folder of images did not preserve the sort.

There should be no renaming of files done anywhere when 'sharing' a catalog to another 'editor'. The edits they do should simply import back into your master catalog where the Custom Sort remains.

It gets far more complicated (maybe not even possible) if you have multiple folders and collections in the shared exported catalog.

Curious as to your purpose for the Custom Sort and who does the sort?. Could you rename your files (your custom sort- sequence?) in your master catalog before you share the exported catalog so they can always be sorted by 'Filename' no matter where they are edited or viewed?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines