• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring files to new computer

New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to replace my old computer so I need to transfer my LR Catalog and preview files.  I have saved my catalog to an external hard drive.  But can someone please tell me how to find the preview files so that I can save those as well?

My version of LR Classic is the most recent 11.3.1

Thank you for your help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to also copy all the .lrdata files (previews, Smart Previews). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here for comprehensive instructions for how to move everything (including presets, plugins, preferences, etc.):

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/members/free-membership/moving-free-ebook/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to transfer previews, your Lightroom Classic on the new computer will re-generate those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find this helpful as it discusses moving Catalogs and files.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/catalog-faq-lightroom.html

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files of the Ctalog did you transfer/copy to the external drive?

Here is a screen shot of what is in my Catalog Folder.... I have settings saved with the catalog for a reason but you most likely dont....

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 16.31.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into what looks like it could be a problem.  When I import my photos into Lightroom Classic I find them in a photos folder in One Drive.   I had disabled One Drive on that computer because it was making life miserable.  On my new computer One Drive has been uninstalled.    So my question is this:   If I copy my photos from the Picture folder under "Quick Access" and not from the picture folder in One Drive listed under "This PC"  will they be the same pictures?   Or do I need to rename that path in Lightroom before I do anything?   This is so confusing!

Dale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I copy my photos from the Picture folder under "Quick Access" and not from the picture folder in One Drive listed under "This PC" will they be the same pictures?

I'm not sure people here can determine the answer. You can determine the answer by looking at what is in these folders.

In any event, you should be following the instructions given above from lightroomqueen.com exactly. There is no Importing in this process. There is no synchronizing folders in this process. Do not make up your own steps. Do not skip steps (except for the part about moving cross-platform if that doesn't apply to you, then skip it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines