Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Trouble working with external hard drives

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of migrating my photo processing tasks in LR/PS from Windows to Mac. I have all my photos on external hard drives that I used previously with Windows. I can view these volumes and import files to Lightroom ok but cannot create subfolders, move or copy files, etc. For example, when I tried to create subfolders in LR for a folder of images that I had just imported, I got this message: The folder /Volumes/Seagate Backup Plus Drive 1/Photos_FromBlueSeagateSlim_2TB/Duke_inCourtyard_2016/In Progress could not be created on disk. This leads me to think there is some sort of file/device incompatibility issue with trying to write to the external drives. Please help!

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows, macOS, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mac and PC address drives differently and Mac doesn't write to certain PC formats. What format is the drive? 

Sean McCormack. Author. Magazine Writer. Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines