• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two minutes for item to appear in Collection list

Participant ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thas all started when they changed the sync mechanism (13.3 I think) , and has been living hell since then. I try to create new collection - have to wait 2 minutes for it to appear in the list. I hit B to add a picture to current target collection - have to wait 2 minutes for it to register in the collection. Apply Portrait effect (auto masking) - have to wait 2 minutes for it to appear. The bug is intermittent - sometimes all works fine (rare occasions) - and the AI masks themselve take only 1-2 sec to calculate on my M2 MaX Macbook Pro.  But when it lags, oh boy!  the lags and freezes are unbearable, they happen with many library operations, especially related to collections creations, adding pics to collections and enabling/disabling cloud sync for a given collection - that all makes Lightroom barely usable. 
the lags are all tied to the cloud sync operation - when there are images in the sync queue many operations lag unbearably, including quitting the app. 

P.S. whats with the "topics" that this forum suggest to select "to help users find my post" and selection is FROM THREE topics - macOS, Windows and SDK! WHere are other topics???

see me as "Da, Moroshka!" on YouTube
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2024 Aug 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem (nothing to add). I am patiently waiting for a fix. Now Lightroom Classic is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2024 Aug 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried regualr cloud based LR and get the same lag on everything  heck I dont think I even have 20k in my catalog  LR clasisc is un-usable for me today just hangs can't even switch from one photo to the other in develop with only 150 shots  imported! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2024 Aug 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arjun!

Is there any news on our issue? We are suffering here, you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is amazing how this bug has been there ALIVE and KICKING since 13.3, and Adobe released 13.4 and 13.5 with the bug still there! I have filed it several times in  the "ussues" category of this forum - but every time the mods keep moving it to "discussions" here! I am shocked that this is not made top priority and fixed immediately. But what can you expect from a company that literally NOW suggest me to read a discussion on this forum about LR Classic CC 7 version!!!! If Adobe discussion forums work that way one can only imagine how their software engineering is faring!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eager mods, please stop editing the title of the original post. The thread is NOT ABOUT lag in creating new collections only. 13.5 lags in a dozen MAJOR operations if cloud sync is working. Put your energy to fixing the issue and not to suppressing the voices of disgruntled users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom is also not usable anymore.  I have over 78,000 images coming in at 1.3 TB of 3.1 TB.  I am not syching.  Photos don't load.  Mouse locks up.  It crashes my whole computer.  This all happened over the course of the summer so most definitely related to the new releases.  I curse myself every time I try and use it again.  So we're paying big dollars monthly for something that is unusable.  Unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yours is a different issue. Without sync enabled 13.5 is usable. You need a mac, a large catalogue and cloud sync working to 100% see the issue being discussed here. When sync is not working mine is kind of alright - a bit glitchy but usable. Once sync is running - it is immediately hell. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running on an iMac!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 13.6.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 28, 2024 Aug 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.6.1 - what? current LR release is 13.5, current Mac OS is 14.6.1 If you are not at current builds first thing you should do is update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I looked at my Mac version.  My LR is 13.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so start by updating your Mac. Adobe cannot even make sure their soft runs normally on current versions, and you are using Mac OS from a year or two ago - they don't test for it at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to 13.5 on Mac OS 13.6.9 and also finding the new Lightroom classic unusable. Crashes on importing photos, and hangs with pinwheel of doom when I try to close the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cobalt35446299 , you indicate Mac OS 13.6.9, is there a particular reason you have not updated to Mac OS version 14 ?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; (also Laptop Win 11, ver 23H2, LrC 13.5.1, ; ) Camera Oly OM-D E-M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is a reason, although it is unrelated. Is OS 13 no longer supported by Adobe products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2024 Sep 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as you may see from this thread no version of Mac OS is supported, for there are critical bugs everywhere. However you are more likely to be in luck with current Mac OS, because Adobe don't test for old versions compatibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with Lightroom Classic 13.5 on Mac with around 200k images. Unusable laggy and sync to/from cloud is not working at all. I tried the suggested fixes, but nothing seems to change much.

Please fix this fast Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe representative who used to be active in this thread stopped responding. Very sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post deleted by DdeGannes

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; (also Laptop Win 11, ver 23H2, LrC 13.5.1, ; ) Camera Oly OM-D E-M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought about the possibility of downgrading to 13.4 or 13.3 to rectify
temporarily. Anyone do that?

-- Dave

Photography
www.dabourphoto.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the bug was introduced in 13.3. You'd need to upgrade to some verions prior to 13.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh great, that's when they upgraded the catalog so to downgrade, we would
probably have to go back to a backup before 13.3 and then lose all the
edits since then?

I'll probably just silently suffer with no syncing until this is resolved 🙏

-- Dave

Photography
www.dabourphoto.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded to 13.2 and my issues were solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arjun from Adobe asked me for all sorts of diagnostic files, got them and then disappeared - see posts on page 1 of this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DaMoroshka! ,

We have received the logs from you and are investigating the issue.

We will get back to you

For now, you can remove the config file that we have shared with you and relaunch Lightroom(this will prevent logs being created on your machine). 

Thanks,

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines