Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Un-sync a catalog and sync another

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - my first post here!

I've been using Lightroom for I guess about 10 years. I've recently divided my catalog file in order to differentiate two very different parts of my business.

So I now have 2 catalogs. One is synced and one is not, since LR will only allow one to be synced.

PROBLEM: I want to sync the catalog that isn't currently synced, but I can't find a way to "unsync" the one that is synced. I've deselected the synced collections but that doesn't seem to do it.

Please help!

Paul.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

You can indeed not 'unsync' a catalog, but 'pause' is the same. Remember that if you sync another catalog, all the existing images in the cloud which are not yet in that catalog will be downloaded from the cloud into Lightroom Classic. If you don't want that, then either remove them from the cloud first, or let them download and then delete them from Lightroom Classic (which will delete them from the cloud too). You cannot have images in the cloud and not in the synced Lightroom Classic catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to unlog from the catalog you do not want to sync anymore and login in the catalog you want to sync.

The new catalog will now sync. All Adobe Cloud operations are done now in the upper right corner of the LR Classic window.

Best Regards
Éric Pecquerie
Sent from Eric's IPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Eric!

The only option I see there is "Pause Syncing" - is that what you mean? I see no option to log out, either there or in the "Lightroom Sync" preference pane.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can indeed not 'unsync' a catalog, but 'pause' is the same. Remember that if you sync another catalog, all the existing images in the cloud which are not yet in that catalog will be downloaded from the cloud into Lightroom Classic. If you don't want that, then either remove them from the cloud first, or let them download and then delete them from Lightroom Classic (which will delete them from the cloud too). You cannot have images in the cloud and not in the synced Lightroom Classic catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

i have the same problem. What do I have to do to change my synced catalog? Step-by- step.

When I stop to sync my catalog and start sync the other one, it doesn't change anything... Do I have to delete my pictures in the cloud? And if: How?

I would be very happy, if somebody could help me...

best regards,

Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines