• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import presets

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to reinstall Windows so I also had to reinstall Lightroom. I tried to import a zip file containing presets. I followed the instruction to import presets from the preset vendor and Lightroom Classic but received the message
"Unable to import presets
There are no items to be imported in the zip file"
I expanded the zip file and inside it is a folder that contains the presets. I can select all the expanded presets and import them. However, they are imported as presets under the User Presets area. Previously, before I reinstalled Lightroom Classic, I had those presets under a subdirectory (with same name as the folder in the preset zip file) in the User Presets area.

I have a lot of presets and I prefer to have them grouped under subdirectories to make it easier to find them. How do I do that ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have noticed a few glitches in Lightroom Classic's early April 2018 Update. Missing presets and presets that are out of order are now all fixed with the latest update on April 24, 2018. Now you need to understand how to install, convert and find your presets and profiles in Lightroom ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have a lot of presets and I prefer to have them grouped under subdirectories to make it easier to find them. How do I do that?"

1. In the Presets panel, right-click one of the presets and select Move.

2. In the Group dropdown, select New Group and your desired name.  (A "group" is what the Presets panel calls folders of presets.)

3. In the Presets panel, drag and drop all the other presets you want into that group. Unfortunately, you have to do one at a time. 

Alternatively, if you have a very large number of presets to organize, you could use Finder / File Explorer to organize the actual preset files into the desired subfolders. Then use the Fix Presets plugin (free) to reorganize the preset groups to match the folder structure on disk.  But the plugin is necessarily fussy to use, constrained by LR's lack of support for plugins to manipulate presets.

Topics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That's exactly the info I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines