Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to import

New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello !
new member and keen to improve and get help. I have used LRC successfully since last year. Recently, I copied all my Mac hard drive LRC files to an external drive and deleted the hard drive files. However, since then I have been unable to import either directly form my SD card or even using the menu : the import dialogue doesn't launch. when I try and import I get the error message : AgPathUtils.getStandardFilePath: can't create directory at: /Users/donalgraham/Movies. Error message = %@.

I have copied the canon raw files from the SD card to my desktop but LRC doesn't seem to want to read read the Canon raw files .

any help very very welcome. thx

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe should add this as a ‘sticky’ message at the top of this forum, because it is by far the most frequently asked and answered question. Apple changed the security requirements in MacOS Monterey. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic and Photoshop to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic and/or Photoshop if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi thjx Johnan. I have done as you suggested and LRC was not checked. However, it has not resolved the problem ie i still cannot import via SD or through ther menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed Lightroom Classic tries (but fails) to create a subfolder in your Movies folder. Do you try to import into that folder? If so, why? Have you tried another folder?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, io have no idea why that folder is the one it tries to create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rebooting your computer. I recall at least one report that granting Full Disk Access didn't take effect until after a reboot.  That hasn't been my experience, but it's a quick thing to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the import dialogue doesn't launch. when I try and import I get the error message : AgPathUtils.getStandardFilePath: can't create directory at: /Users/donalgraham/Movies. Error message = %@."

Some testing shows that when you open the Import window, LR automatically tests for the existence of /Users/<user>/Movies and tries to create it if it doesn't exist. 

That suggests that your LR still doesn't have Full Disk Access.  Triple-check that and reboot.

If that doesn't help, that suggests something screwy is going on with the folder permissions of /Users/<user>/Movies.  

Try creating /Users/<user>/Movies in Finder and restart LR.  Does the Import window now open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried this John but no success !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Finder show the presence of the /Users/<user>/Movies folder? Or did Finder balk at creating the folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has allowed me to create the folder but i still cant import either via
auto import or via menu. However, the error message no longer appears when
i attempt to do so ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post a screenshot of your System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Full Disk Access window showing Adobe Lightroom Classic.app checked -- maybe that will show some clues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines