Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Open LRC 12

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

LRC 12 is installed on my iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017.

• 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
  • Radeon Pro 570 4 GB
  • 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

LRC functioned as expected up until about two weeks ago. Now, it will not open. It gets to the splash screen and closes.

I tried upgrading to Ventura, but that did not solve the problem.

I have also tried:

• Resetting preferences by holding Shift+Option at startup
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling from Creative Cloud multiple times (with restarts between each step)
  • Reverting to previous versions (I tried 5-6 different versions)
  • Checking for any components left behind after uninstall (none were left behind)
  • Ensuring that LRC has the necessary permissions on macOS (Accessibility & Full Disk Access)

Anything else I can try?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link.

Troubleshoot GPU issues | Lightroom Classic (adobe.com)

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

It's recommended to backup your preferences before you reset the preferences to the default settings:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

Do you get an error message?

If yes, please post the message word-by-word.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Matt.

Thank you for your response.

1.) Your first suggestion to switch off the GPU support from Lightroom preferences won't work because I cannot open LRC to reach the Preferences.

2.) I tried Solution 2, but the line "useAutoBahn - true" does not exist in the .plist file. I have copied the full text of the .plist file below.

3.) I have reset the Lightroom preferences previously and it did not solve the problem.

Any further thoughts on Solution 2 based on the .plist file text below?

Thank you!

======com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7.plist=====

bplist00fl

!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~ÄÅÇÉÑÖÜáàâäãåçéèêëíìîïñóòôöõúùûü†°¢£§•¶ß®©™´¨≠ÆØ∞±≤≥¥µ∂∑∏π∫ªºΩæø¿¡¬√ƒ≈∆«»… ÀÃÕŒœ–—“”‘’÷◊ÿŸ⁄€‹›fifl‡·‚„‰ÂÊÁËÈÍÎÏÌÓÔÒÚÛÙıˆ˜¯˘˙˚¸˝˛ˇ 

+-
12569:;<=>GH JLMN2OJR6TUWX\]^abefgijkpqruvwxy
z{gJ~ÄÑÖbâpèXiëíìïâòôù96†°§i©
y©™≠;èر+≥¥µ∂∑∏π;\ªºy=;¿Nƒ±≈∆»…œ–π“™
NrzT÷◊X_AgExport_renamingTokensOn_AgPublish_collisionHandling_'AgIdentityPlates_mainDialog_showDetails_AgPublish_size_units_AgExport_export_postProcessing_,AgExport_reimport_stackWithOriginal_position_AgPublish_export_colorSpace_"Lightroom_userIdentityPlateEnabled_AgPublish_size_maxHeight_AgDevelop_toneCurve_ShowInfo_AgExport_size_doConstrain_AgPublish_useWatermark_AgEditExternally_tokens_AgLibrary_drawRegionEnabled_"AgPublish_minimizeEmbeddedMetadata_AgPublish_initialSequenceNumber_AgExport_export_bitDepth_AgExport_markedPresets_ AgLibrary_rightPanels_inSoloMode_!AgPublish_tokensArchivedToString2_AgLibrary_showLoupeInfo_$AgMultiMonitor_slideshowPauseOnIntroWlabelc2_AgPublish_renamingTokensOn_AgPrint_rightPanels_inSoloMode_AgLibrary_loupeInfo1Text3Vlabel4_#AgSdkPluginLoader_disabledPluginIDs_AgEventLoop_slowEventHandling_AgMultiMonitor_link2up_AgPublish_export_postProcessing_AgMultiMonitor_slideshowIntroWlabelf4_AgPublish_DNG_lossyCompression_AgPublish_DNG_embedRAW_!AgPublish_size_userWantsConstrain_%AgImport_destinationPanels_inSoloMode_!AnalyticsUserSyncPreferenceLogged_AgExport_png_interlaced_AgExport_removeLocationMetadata_AgPublish_selectedTextFontSize_"AgExport_tiff_preserveTransparency_AgPublish_DNG_conversionMethod_Filmstrip_ignoreClicksOnBadges_AgExport_size_maxWidth_ AgLibrary_paintingTool_flagValue_$AgLibrary_paintingTool_ratingEverSet_Filmstrip_showAdornments_AgLibrary_loupeInfoStyle_ AgPublish_embeddedMetadataOption_#AgPublish_includeFaceTagsAsKeywords_%AgLibrary_autoCompleteInKeywordsField[accountTypeVlabel5_AgLibrary_paintingEnabled_"AgExport_includeFaceTagsAsKeywords_!AgExport_export_videoFileHandling_)AgLibrary_paintingTool_developPresetValue_AgPublish_jpeg_limitSize_AgLibrary_QuerierHeight_AgPublish_outputSharpeningLevel_AgMultiMonitor_thumbSize_Filmstrip_showTooltips_MultiMonitorPanels_syncPanels_TouchWorkspace_autoEnterMode_Filmstrip_showBadges_AgPublish_outputSharpeningOn_AgPrint_leftPanels_inSoloMode_AgPublish_includeVideoFiles_ AgLocation_leftPanels_inSoloMode_Filmstrip_showStackCounts_AgExport_selectedTextFontFamily_ AgExport_tokensArchivedToString2_AgPublish_includeFaceTagsInIptc_AgExport_export_colorSpace_AgPanel_baseFontSize_#AgExport_reimport_stackWithOriginal_photoshopEditingFormat[LaunchCountWlabelc3_AgExport_embeddedMetadataOption_AgLibrary_gridCondensedText2_AgExport_initialSequenceNumber_AgLibrary_gridHasFooter_AgPublish_DNG_previewSize_"AgLibrary_gridFooterHasColorLabels_%AgSdkPluginLoader_disabledPluginPaths_AgExport_DNG_embedCacheWlabelf5_AgPublish_extensionCase_ AgPublish_tiff_compressionMethod_!AgLocation_rightPanels_inSoloMode_AgExport_jpeg_quality_AgExport_size_megapixels_AgPanel_defaultSoloMode_AgExport_size_doNotEnlarge_AgPublish_png_interlaced_AgExport_size_resolutionUnits_AgLibrary_loupeInfo2Text2_"AgLibrary_volumeBrowserStatusLight_AgPublish_export_bitDepth_AgExport_removeFaceMetadata_%AgMultiMonitor_windowFilterBarVisible_AgLibrary_loupeInfo1Text1_v4_AgExport_size_resolution_0AgTemplateBrowser_showPartiallyCompatiblePresets_"AgSlideshow_rightPanels_inSoloMode_ozServerOverrideUrl_AgLibrary_loupeInfo2Text1_v4_AgExport_format_AgMultiMonitor_slideshowEnding_!AgLibrary_paintingTool_labelValue_AgVanityPlates_panelTerminator_AgDevelop_loupeInfo2Text3_AgPublish_DNG_embedCache_AgExport_includeVideoFiles_%LayoutSlideshow_leftPanels_inSoloMode_AgMultiMonitor_filterBarVisible_AgExport_outputSharpeningMedia_AgExport_tiff_compressionMethod_AgMultiMonitor_browserHeight_AgExport_reimportExportedPhoto_AgMultiMonitor_visible_AgLibrary_loupeInfo1Text2Wlabelc4_AgLibrary_gridExpandedText3_AgLibrary_paintingToolWhichType_AgExport_export_videoFormatWlabelf1_AgExport_size_maxHeight_AgPublish_DNG_compatibilityV4_AgPublish_exportServiceProvider_AgPublish_format_AgExport_DNG_previewSize_!LayoutBook_rightPanels_inSoloMode_AgPublish_DNG_compressed_AgLibrary_cellStyle_ AgImport_sourcePanels_inSoloMode_%AgExport_export_destinationPathSuffix_!AgNavigator_showPhotosOnMouseOver_AgExport_export_useSubfolder_-AgDevelop_hideTargetAdjustmentInfoMomentarily_AgDevelop_loupeInfo1Text3_externalEditingFormat_AgExport_useWatermark_AgLibrary_gridFooterHasRotation_AgPublish_size_resolution_AgMultiMonitor_windowVisible_ AgPublish_export_destinationType_"AgMultiMonitor_enablePlopupPreview_AgDevelop_leftPanels_inSoloMode_'AgLibrary_gridFooterRotationOnMouseOver_AgPublish_outputSharpeningMedia_AgPublish_export_useSubfolder_AgLibrary_leftPanels_inSoloMode_!AgPublish_metadata_keywordOptions_"AgLibrary_paintingTool_ratingValue_AgExport_tokenCustomString_AgExport_export_useParentFolder_NSTreatUnknownArgumentsAsOpen_Lightroom_userIdentityPlateMode_AgPublish_markedPresets_!AgSlideshow_leftPanels_inSoloMode_&AgPublish_export_destinationPathSuffix_ AgDevelop_rightPanels_inSoloMode_AgExport_export_destinationType_ LayoutBook_leftPanels_inSoloMode_AgDevelop_loupeInfo1Text1_v4_&AgSdkPluginLoader_installedPluginPaths_AgLibrary_autoHideInfo1_AgWPG_leftPanels_inSoloMode_AgPanel_activeSoloMode_AgPublish_export_videoFormat_"AgPublish_export_videoFileHandling_AgPublish_jpeg_useLimitSize_AgPublish_removeFaceMetadataWlabelc5_AgDevelop_loupeInfo2Text1_v4Wlabelf2_AgLibrary_gridExpandedText1_'AgLibrary_filmstripQuickFilterCollapsed_AgPublish_size_doConstrain_AgPublish_jpeg_quality_TouchWorkspace_autoExitMode_AgExport_jpeg_useLimitSize_AgExport_DNG_lossyCompression_ AgPublish_removeLocationMetadata_AgPublish_tokenCustomString_AgWPG_rightPanels_inSoloMode_AgMultiMonitor_loupeMode_AgPublish_size_maxWidthVlabel1_AgMainFrame_screenMode_AgPublish_size_resizeType]onePixelFudge_Filmstrip_showIndex_AgExport_watermarking_id_AgExport_size_percentage_ AgExport_metadata_keywordOptions_AgLibrary_gridHasHeader_AgExport_collisionHandling_AgLibrary_drawRegionType_AgLibrary_autoHideInfo2_AgExport_export_videoPreset_!AgExport_minimizeEmbeddedMetadata_AgExport_selectedTextFontSize_AgMultiMonitor_previewSize_$AgLibrary_paintingTool_rotationValue_AgDevelop_loupeInfo2Text2_AgLibrary_volumeBrowserInfo_ AgPublish_selectedTextFontFamily_AgDevelop_targetAdjustment_$AgDevelop_showTargetAdjustmentAmount_AgPublish_size_percentage_ AgExport_size_userWantsConstrain_AgPublish_size_resolutionUnits_AppleFontSmoothing_AgLibrary_gridExpandedText4Wlabelc1Vlabel2_&LayoutSlideshow_rightPanels_inSoloMode_AgEditExternally_putInStack_AgExport_outputSharpeningLevel_AgMultiMonitor_overrideSettings_AgExport_jpeg_limitSize_AgExport_DNG_conversionMethod_AgPublish_reimportExportedPhoto_AgPublish_size_doNotEnlargeWlabelf3_AgExport_DNG_compressed_com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7_AgPublish_export_videoPreset_#AgLibrary_volumeBrowserStatusColors_AgPublish_watermarking_id_ AgPublish_export_useParentFolder_LoupeVerticalGestureMode_AgLibrary_loupeInfo2Text3_AgMultiMonitor_previewVisible_AgMultiMonitor_autoResize_AgExport_outputSharpeningOn_#AgPublish_tiff_preserveTransparency_AgExport_includeFaceTagsInIptc_AgNavigator_extraZoomLevel_AgDevelop_loupeInfo1Text2_InitialPreferenceLogged_#AgMultiMonitor_blankBackgroundColor_AgLibrary_gridCondensedText1_v4_AgExport_DNG_embedRAW_AgExport_size_resizeType_-AgPublish_reimport_stackWithOriginal_positionVlabel3_AgLibrary_browserHeight_AgMultiMonitor_slideshowRepeat_AgExport_size_units_AgExport_DNG_compatibilityV4_$AgPublish_reimport_stackWithOriginal_AgExport_extensionCase_AgLibrary_gridExpandedText2_v4_AgExport_exportServiceProvider_AgPublish_size_megapixelsSask VpixelsYdoNothingUbelowTsRGB#@è@ _{{image_name}}-Edit#?#@0Xt = {
}
^{{image_name}}VYellow_ com.adobe.imageCroppedDimensionsTBlueXt = {
}
   #@([preserveRAW Uinfo1Sall Utype3VPurple Winclude_$ED7AD140-FA03-11DB-AB5E-00145166C8C8#@Y#@i#@#@^   _Adobe Clean Regular^{{image_name}} Vmedium _TIFF_ZIP_16_ProPhotoRGB#@UGreen_com.adobe.ratingAndLabel Xt = {
}
Ylowercase_compressionMethod_None#?„333333#@Tinch_com.adobe.exposureAndISOYfreeSpace _com.adobe.filenameAndCopyname#@n _https://photo-api.adobe.io_com.adobe.filenameAndCopynameTJPEGPX_default_com.adobe.lensSetting  Vscreen_compressionMethod_None#@e@_com.adobe.captureDateTime_ com.adobe.imageCroppedDimensionsXkeywords_$4e49434b-4832-3634-fbfb-fbfbfbfbfbfbSRed#A¨_com.adobe.ag.export.file Wcompact_Untitled Export _ com.adobe.imageCroppedDimensions_TIFF_LZW_8_sRGB Wdesktop TflatRNOYsync_userXt = {
}
_Untitled Export_com.adobe.filenameAndCopynameXt = {
}
_$4e49434b-4832-3634-fbfb-fbfbfbfbfbfb _com.adobe.filenameAndCopyname\index_number #?„333333 VnormalRwh _<simpleCopyrightWatermark> TfaceXoriginal#@r¿Rcw_com.adobe.exposureAndISOXcapacity_Adobe Clean Regular\Exposure2012#_com.adobe.filenameExtension [preserveRAW _com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7_0t = {
online = AgColor( 0.2, 0.56, 0.2, 1 ),
}
_<simpleCopyrightWatermark>Tflag_com.adobe.lensSetting #@_com.adobe.captureDateTime _com.adobe.copynameOrBasename _com.adobe.copynameOrBasename_com.adobe.ag.export.file8VÄó∏Á*EdÄô≥—ˆ3Loì≠‘‹˘6=cÉúæfiÊ Dlê™ÃÌ  3 T m ê ∑ “ Ì

^
j
q
ç

÷   7 Y t ç ≠ Ã „  " @ c  ° ƒ Ê

@
Y
e
m
è
Æ
œ
È*Rlté±’Ì"?Zzñª◊ı<WäØ≈‰ˆ;\xì∞ÿ˙=\}ñ≤∫ÿ˙ :Z|è™ŒÈˇ"JnçΩŸÒ +GfâÆ–˙<^Ç߃Ê(Bfè≤‘˜?YwêØ‘Ú8@^à•æ‹˘<ZyîƵŒÍ¯)DgÅûπ”Ò5Ryï≥÷Û6Yzè≠µºÂ$F`Ä¢¿»‚!GcÜ°Ω›˘  = ^ { ó ± ◊ ˘!!,!\!c!}!û!¥!”!˙""4"U"q"r"v"w"~"à"é"ì"î"ù"û"ü"†"∂"∑"∏"¡" "”"‘"„"‰"Â"Ï"Ì"Ó#### #!#"###$#%#&#'#(#)#2#3#?#@#A#B#H#L#M#N#T#[#\#]#e#å#ï#û#ß#∞#±#≤#≥#¥#µ#∂#∑#∏#Œ#›#fi#Â#Ê$$ $$*$+$,$5$6$@$Y$Z$c$l$m$n$o$t$è$ô$ö$õ$ª$ƒ$≈$∆$„%%% %
%%+%,%-%.%/%6%O%X%Y%Z%v%ô%¢%…%Õ%÷%Ò%Ú%Û%˚%¸&&&&&4&F&G&H&I&Q&R&S&T&U&V&[&\&_&i&r&s&Ö&Ü&á&ß&∞&±&≤&≥&⁄&€&‹&¸' '
' '''''''"'#'$'A'B'G'H'Q'R'['^'y'Ç'ò'•'Æ'Ø'±'œ'–'—'“'fi'fl'‡'·((4(Q(R(W(o(p(q(r(s(t(}(ô(ö(π(∫(ª(º(€ÿ(ˆ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2.) I tried Solution 2, but the line "useAutoBahn - true" does not exist in the .plist file. I have copied the full text of the .plist file below.

By @Katherine239436555ptm

If the line "useAutoBahn = true" doesn't exists in your preference, please add 

"useAutoBahn = false" 

and check again.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Matt.

Thanks again for your help. Unfortunately, I don't know where to add that line in the .plist file. I had my IT guy take a look today, and he didn't know where to add that line either. Can you give me some guidance on where "useAutoBahn = false" should be inserted in the .plist file? I've attached .docx version of the .plist file in case that's helpful.

Thank you for your continued assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the error I receive when I try to reset the preferences:

{"app_name":"Adobe Lightroom Classic","timestamp":"2022-10-25 13:50:43.00 -0400","app_version":"","slice_uuid":"ada9a6a6-4de6-318a-871b-2d7ecfb6526a","build_version":"12.0","platform":1,"bundleID":"com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7","share_with_app_devs":0,"is_first_party":0,"bug_type":"309","os_version":"macOS 13.0 (22A380)","roots_installed":0,"name":"Adobe Lightroom Classic","incident_id":"DDB0A215-0D26-4DB6-A618-09D55F71904D"}
{

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attaching a file that shows the error I receive when I select "Open Normally" instead of "Reset Preferences."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines