• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to view metadata in LR when importing files from Sony A7iv

Contributor ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import RAW & JPG images Sony A7iv into LR (11.2), I'm unable to see any metadata beyond the file name, date taken and dimension.  But I can from Sony A7Riv and every other camera.  How do I fix this?

Running MacOS Big Surt 11.6.4

tks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Please post a full-resolution screenshot of Library Grid view with one of the problem photos selected and the Metadata panel visible. That will likely give us clues and be more efficient than twenty questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Sorry for delay in my reply.  I am still unable to find a way of showing the metadata for this new Sony body.  Attached is a screenshot.  Never had any issue with previous Sony, Fuji or Nikon bodies.  Any suggestions?  tks.

Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 3.22.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a full-resolution screenshot of Library Grid view with one of the problem photos selected and the Metadata panel visible. That will likely give us clues and be more efficient than twenty questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for delay in my reply.  I am still unable to find a way of showing the metadata for this new Sony body.  Attached is a screenshot.  Never had any issue with previous Sony, Fuji or Nikon bodies.  Any suggestions?  tks.

Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 3.22.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pls ignore my earlier message.  I resolved the problem that seems unique to this Sony body (A7iv).  When I import all files into LR, it is including a folder that holds thumbnails.  I have never seen a folder like this on any other camera (including Sony A7Riv).  That explains missing Metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it resolved. To help others, what is the name of the subfolder on the card containing the thumbnails?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and would like to know what the subfolder is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a Sony A7IV and I have no idea what the problem is supposed to be. What you see at the top of the screenshot are metadata filters. You can add more columns yourself, and you can change each column if you want to filter on something else. To view your metadata, you have to be in the right panel, not in the filters. If that is not what you mean, then do not post a "me too" message in an old forum, but explain clearly what your problem is.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines