Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Unexpected error opening catalog message in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have a monthly contract for Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC. All of a sudden I cannot open Lightroom.  When I select the program, a message pops up "Do you want to allow this app to make changes".  I reply yes.  Then a message pops up "Unexpected error opening catalog.  Cannot be opened due to an unexpected error."  Try again, choose a different catalog, or exit are my options. Nothing works. Should I uninstall and reinstall??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017
Check the permissions on the folder the LR catalog is stored in. If your OS did a recent update it could of changed the permissions on that folder.

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the permissions on the folder the LR catalog is stored in. If your OS did a recent update it could of changed the permissions on that folder.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unsure of what you mean but computer and app don't need updates.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines