• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalling Creative Cloud without removing Lightroom Classic Help sought

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Classic on my Apple Mac.

My teenage daugher has mistakenly installed Adobe CCloud onto the same computer and now I cannot open my old version of LR as its part of the CCloud suite.

How do I remove the Adobe CCloud  (which I dont need) without removing my copy of LR classic with all of its large library (which I do need).

When I go into CCloud utilites and try to unsintall the programme  it won't let me as it says I have an intsalled app ( Lightrooom) in use.

Advice much appreciated, thanks in advance

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can use Lightroom Classic if the Adobe Creative Cloud app is uninstalled.

Why do you need to use an old version of Lightroom, if you have Lightroom Classic?

By the way, uninstalling Lightroom Classic does not delete your catalog(s) and does not delete your photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying to my post

I have a stand alone version of LR classic not connected to the CC plan.

I think I can delete the LR classic that my daughters CC plan appears to have  overwritten over my existing LR but am concerned that if I do that I will lose my exiting Library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I stated, your catalog(s) and photos are not affected by uninstalling. They are still there in case you re-install LrC later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you subscribed to an Adobe Plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My daughter is subscribed to a CC plan through her school and that's what's causing the issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What MACOS version do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines