• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted outline of selected subject in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select a cubject that contrasts its background, there is a very noticable outline, even before playing with the sliders. Is there any way to get it to blend more naturally?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

So, looks like Chromatic Aberration. Nothing to do with the Sky Mask, although the mask is helping you see it.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/chromatic-aberration.html

https://fstoppers.com/originals/how-remove-color-fringing-lightroom-496247

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

In the Lens Corrections> Profile panel make sure 'Remove Chromatuc Aberration' is checked. This should remove the chromatic fringing in the Select Subject mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, looks like Chromatic Aberration. Nothing to do with the Sky Mask, although the mask is helping you see it.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/chromatic-aberration.html

https://fstoppers.com/originals/how-remove-color-fringing-lightroom-496247

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh.. I do recall reading about this a bit before, and did just assume it was a masking thing. I'll look into the chromatic aberration aspect a bit more and keep that in mind next time, as it seems to be something much easier to solve naturally in camera, like most things. Thanks for the response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Lens Corrections> Profile panel make sure 'Remove Chromatuc Aberration' is checked. This should remove the chromatic fringing in the Select Subject mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally, and in many photos, that's the fix. Strangely, with this image, the box is checked, there doesn't seem to be any until I select the subject, and in lightening the subject, the contrast between that and the dark background is when the outline appears.

thanks for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will want to correct that early on, well before any masking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's interesting really, since this was a low light situation and I was trying to enhance the subject, I reset the photo from any edits, and there doesn't seem to be any chromatic aberration until I select the subject and begin to enhance it. So, I'm not saying there is none present, but I believe it's definitely emphasized when Lightroom is asked to separate the subject from the background and amplifies the contrast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can post the file to Dropbox or other file sharing site we can take a look at what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines