New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suppose I have a subscription
After a number yeras my computer is outdated
Can I choose not to upgrade LR ???
And stay on old version LR
Because my computer cannot handle it or am I then obliged to buy an new computer ??

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course you can choose to not update. You do need to continue to pay for the subscription, however.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can choose not to upgrade, but be aware that in the Creative Cloud installer, only the last two major versions are available for installation. Right now, those are Lightroom Classic 13 and 12. If you ever need to reinstall a version older than 12, it cannot be done through the Creative Cloud installer.

That means if you want to continue using an older version that Adobe no longer makes available for download, you must know where your original installer is stored if you ever need to reinstall it. (I only say that because many people have lost their original software discs.) Also, maintain your computer well and make regular backups so that you can hopefully prevent the system from having a problem that causes you to lose your only working installation of the application.

If you are using Lightroom 6 or earlier on an old Mac, also be aware that Lightroom 6 and earlier cannot be installed on any new Apple Silicon Macs. If you buy a new Mac, the current versions of Lightroom Classic and Lightroom require a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines