• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Lightroom to send photos through Outlook prevents Outlook sending ANY emails--stuck in outbocx

New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Lightroom to send photos through Outlook it freezes ALL email going out of Outlook.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble shooting thus far? Have you deleted and re-added your outlook email account? Is this a new problem? Do you have any pending updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.  Have no pending updates on either Outlook or Lightroom Classic.  I have had periodic trouble sending and receiving emails with Outlook.  After 3 staffers took 3 hours from Microsoft they finally fixed Outlook.  I had noted that the problems seemed to occur after I had sent photos out of lightroom to email recipients.  Outlook was working fine--then I decided to send a photo, through Outlook.  My emails, not just the photos, got stuck in the Outbox again.  I deleted them.  I tried going into my anti-virus software--it looked as though it had blocked something at the very minute I was trying to send.  So I enabled it to go through.  Now my emails are going out of Outlook--but I am wary of trying to send any photos to myself or others out of Lightroom.  (I note that there are two types of settings to send-- Harry Peterson or to Microsoft Outlook.  Acouple of weeks ago I called Lightroom support--they must never have people ask about this issue because they seemed to know no more about it than I did!  Meanwhile, I photoed an error message, which I have attached.  Thanks again.  Harry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many alternate paths to share photos that are easier than emailing through Lightroom Classic. One way is to create a synced collection to create a url that someone can download the file from. Most photo labs have their own system for uploading files for print. Here is a link to an article about working with synced collctions: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-mobile-desktop-features.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"... it freezes ALL email going out of Outlook"

How many emails are you trying to send? In your attachment I noticed this error.

DS256_0-1651951636907.png

This looks like you triggered a threshhold of sending too many emails in a specific period of time. Check your settings in Outlook and make sure it's not trying to send/receive too frequently.

One other area to consider is disabling any plug-ins that you may have installed for Outlook to see if that's interferting. 

Also, check to see if you have any outbound message rules that may be triggered.

Sorry, best I have to offer based on previous email experiences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines