• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Lightroom Classic offline

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be moving to an area without internet access. I am on a monthly subscription for Lightroom Classic and Photoshop. Can I use it offline?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not currently using the cloud to store photos. They are only on my hard drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use it offline?

Yes.

Do not sign out of the software when you are done using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud software verifies the account status on Adobe servers once a day. If the account is in good standing (that is, payment is up-to-date) when the last verification happens, the software status refreshes to run for at least 99 days offline. So at the very least, do this just before going 'off the grid'.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/manage-apps-services-desktop.html

LR will run without activation after that but Maps and Develop modules will not operate so you can still use the product as a DAM, limited (quick) editing. You'll want to find some net access and start the activation again, then about 99 days till rinse and repeat.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Develop module works fine when you are offline. I just tested it.

Maps does not work when you are offline. I just tested it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Develop module works offline, of course. UNTIL the activation (after 99 days) times out. Then it doesn't. Just as if you decided not to renew your subscription. Maps and Develop no longer work. Other modules do, even without a subscription. Like forever <g>.

Maps (anywhere) don't work offline; how could they? Run out your subscription, get online; Maps don't work. Activate and they do.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Adobe web page that mentions "offline" use.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

If you have Mobile phone coverage, you could use a phone as a 'Hotspot' to allow LrC to validate your subscription. (it only takes a few seconds)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iPhone ... can I download LR Classic on the Iphone and have it linked to my desktop version on Windows without paying more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an iPhone ... can I download LR Classic on the Iphone and have it linked to my desktop version on Windows without paying more

By @Ron230165345t3c

Just use your iPhone as a Hot Spot (you do this in Settings: WiFi) to the MacBook or whatever you have. Let the computer connect via Creative Cloud to update your activation every 99 days or a few less, you'll be fine. IOW, you can use the iPhone as a WiFi hot spot for the computer for a minute or two, on the computer, just open Creative Cloud on that computer and it will update/activate Lightroom Classic for you to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines