• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow export

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing very slow export (1 1/2 hours to export 30 files  into jpg) My file size is 5000px on the long side at 300dpi (client requirements), although large have been exporting this size quite happily for the last 3 years but suddenly it has slowed right down.

I can find no reason.  Is it worth reloading Lightroom or perhaps clearing my backup? For the record, I only use Lightroom to batch process/caption, I use none of the other attributes of Lightroom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi martinh,

We're really sorry for all the trouble. Could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom you are using now? Also, please refer the following article to optimize Lightroom performance: Optimize Lightroom performance

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that´s one lazy answer from Adobe Staff. I´m having the same issue. Just exported 41 pictures and took a very long time. I postponed the latest upgrade as soon as i could and didn´t have this problem with the version i was using before (yeah..sorry..i forgot what it was). Besides being very slow to batch export, it consumed 100% CPU during all the process, rending the system unusable. Now, i really don´t have one hell of a powerfull machine. It is an AMD 6-core FX6300 OCd to 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM and Lr is running on SSD.

Would Adobe please have a look into it instead of taking us to the same article it has been pointing out everytime someone complains about Lr´s sluggish behaviour?

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  I have the most up to date version of Lightroom CC and have optimized it as well.  Ideas??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

creatavet  wrote

I'm having the same problem.

Nevertheless, it would be helpful if you described your problem in detail, from scratch, making sure you discuss the hardware you have (CPU, disks, memory) and what operating system you are using.

I have the most up to date version of Lightroom CC and have optimized it as well.

Lightroom Classic or Lightroom CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and found a way to export to jpeg much faster.

simple solution but it works. Just keep the folder where its being exported opened and the whole process will go much faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edited

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow you're right. I tried that and in fact the export speed goes up a whole bunch. Its not superfast, but its not quite that turtle than before. Thanks.. its a pity Adobe don't get the speed thing right, for all the money they get with that damn subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be so kind to tell me what "keep the folder where its being exported opened" means? Thank you in advance 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arggg, 2 year old reply to a three year old post. but Ok

After you click Import, LrC will bring the Library module back up. In the folders panel, it will probably have the folder you were in prior to import selected. If in the import dialog you selected some other folder as destination, then changing the selected folder in the folder panel to that destination might help with the import speed.

I have no idea why that would be the case, might be urban legend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Useless, exporting just doesn't work! Seriously!!! I cannot work, I'm highly frustrated! Thx the sit what I paid for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here on various pcs .

On my high end machine lr now exports 9 photos simultanius and nearly crashes.

Cpu is on 100%

On TR4 2950X with dual nvme ssd and 32 gig ram

Also a 2070 card is installed wich runs on 3%

Can you please fix your crappy source code and give us a useable program ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Thomas+Steinlechner  wrote

Can you please fix your crappy source code and give us a useable program ?

No, I can't and I won't, because I don't (and most people here in this forum don't) work for Adobe.

You should tell Adobe this, not us Lightroom users in this forum. Here is the way to report problems: Lightroom Classic | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i mean adobe with "fix you code" .... i think every one is very pissed because performance in general in very bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas Steinlechner​

Then tell Adobe, I gave you the link.

This forum you are in right now is not the forum to provide Adobe problem reports. It doesn't help to complain about this in this forum because the people who can fix problems generally don't read this forum.

i think every one is very pissed because performance in general in very bad

No, not "every one" — I'm not pissed, the performance on my machine is excellent. And most people aren't complaining about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I just want to point that the "export" lag is a thing in my computer too. Not only takes long: it makes the whole PC numb which is worst as you are useless for half hou (or more!) 
I am in an desktop HP Omen, 1080gtx, 32gb ...and so on. Different HDD & SDD, nvme ssd;  Cache in one SSD , exporting from one hdd to ssd  (because last time I did ssd to ssd it took a lot lot of time)

The solution given by @moisea41506565  was nice; it also improved the export, so maybe it is something to do in following exports. 

I am a LR, Capture One & RawTherapee user ... and just want to say that RawTherapee works much better, which is funny because is an open source program (at least it can handle white balance below 2000 and over 10K). 

So .. just wanted to be "another pissed" user who complains even if it doesn't reach Adobe (maybe this reaches Mohit Goyal).

@dj_paige as an active user you are in this forum please take consideration that there are people who experience LR export issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to export a single file and crashes. What the ·** Adobe?? We pay, doesn't¿!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I noticed that the combination of adding luminance noise reduction above 30 and a custom luminance mask to every photo of the working folder (i.e. 700 photos) will make the export time pretty much double or triple while using 100% CPU. Perhaps doing the noise reduction only on photos that your client wants to print will speed up your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines