Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom lag, Windows 10, Lightroom CC

Aug 09, 2015 Aug 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Intuos 5 . After moving to windows 10, I updated Wacom driver and Lightroom. But now I have nasty bug: when I first click and drag some slider (exposure, for ex) in Development module, it start to respond after some gap. So it just jump to current position of pen, but after this it moves smoothly. Am I only one who has this bug? I tried to switch on/off GPU acceleration - it doesn`t help. With mouse everything is ok

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

I was forced to move back to Lightroom 5.4 and Photoshop CS, because there is no thus lag. Thank you for tip about "Use Windows Ink" - after unchecking this option everything works fine )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem with InDesign CC  and Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first problem is you MOVED to Win 10. Hasn't anyone learned that you never upgrade Windows on the first release of a new version. Been like that for 23 years.

Windows 10 is full of bugs and changes no one, no software company, has caught up with.

If it Ain't broke stop trying to Fix it. Seems everything was working just fine with your previous version of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a similar setup as you do, Lightroom 6 instead of CC, and don't have any problems with the Intuos 5 and the v6.3.13w3 driver ... make sure that all the defaults for mapping on the pen are being used ... especially that Use Windows Ink is selected. Note I don't have a problem with CS6, Indesign, Ai and various other programs from other vendors.

Despite what other people say Windows 10 is stable and a lot faster than Win 7/8.1 and I have no issues at all ... but then again I don't have AMD GPU.

Sorry Edited because there was one other thing I forgot to mention.

With the Wacom drivers it is imperative that you remove ALL User Preferences when you update the driver, there is a Wacom utility to Backup the preferences first, remove them and them restore them after you have installed the new driver. It is a known bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was forced to move back to Lightroom 5.4 and Photoshop CS, because there is no thus lag. Thank you for tip about "Use Windows Ink" - after unchecking this option everything works fine )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Art Tips - Wacom Pen and Tablet Fixes for Windows 10 - YouTubeworked for me and i suspect it is the ultimate fix. Windows 10 is messing with the pen and touch settings.

This

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3/19/2020

Was having the same problems using my Wacom Intuos pen with Lightroom Classic CC. Tried all the suggested fixes without success. I thought I had the latest versions of Windows 10 and Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. I do but I downloaded the latest driver for my Wacom tablet (which I thought I had done so maybe I did but something went wrong so reinstalling the latest driver corrected the glitch).

Rebooted and I am once again able to adjust the curves adjustment layer in PShop and move all the sliders in Lightroom.

I did make the changes suggested to check graphic adapter in Lightroom preferences and uncheck use windows ink.in the Intuos mapping section.

Now if only it would cure Covid-19...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released Monday and contain several updates/enhancements for Wacom tablets. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ])

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines